𝟎𝟒, 𝐭𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐮𝐤𝐤𝐢-𝐬𝐚𝐧

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐

a star's wish
to shine upon
a winter's day

└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘
'

ˋ°•*⁀➷
THE NIGHT after speaking with Kanae, Tadashi admitted to everything; The reason why he'd get so hot-headed whenever Kei would give his gifts to Kanae, why Kei had always been the mutual friend between them, and all the way down to how he came to like her so much.

They first met during the winter of Tadashi's first grade school year, he remembered it like it was yesterday. At the time, the Tsukishima abode was helping the big, sixth-grade Akiteru prepare his ceremonial suit for his graduation event and Tadashi was family enough to be a part of it.

At some point, Mrs. Tsukishima asked Kei and Tadashi to pick up a bouquet down the road to give Akiteru in the ceremony—Looking back, it was probably because Kei and Tadashi couldn't stop arguing about whether or not Kei would pass as a 6th grader if he were to disguise himself into the venue as a graduate (Kei said he wouldn't, Tadashi insisted he would). Nevertheless, they scuttled their little feet through the neighborhood while their little mouths kept bickering about how mature Kei looked.

When their noses picked up the scent of flowers, their heads turned to meet their designated flower shop. Tadashi remembered how painted pots were hanging on the roofs, filled with dirt and growing petals with a wooden-carved open sign dangling playfully on the door. Lifting their little legs again, they walked into the entrance and were greeted with happy welcomes from the employees and the smell of honey. The way some flower pots were hung higher than Kei's head made little Tadashi silently acknowledge that perhaps Kei was only one of the tallest people in the world.

As they searched for a floral combination they deemed perfect for Akiteru, the door opened and the employees sang their greetings again. A dyad walked through the entrance, similar in height with one head colored lighter than the other.

When they walked past Kei and Tadashi, they both towered over Kei, and Tadashi swallowed his tongue. Just when the smaller two were about to leave, the taller one between the other two called for Kei's name, his voice boyish and fighting to be deep.

That was when Tadashi first met Yukizawa Taiga and Kanae—his and Kei's new neighbors who moved in half a year prior. Taiga was one of Akiteru's schoolmates and the two seemed to be close as Taiga claimed that Akiteru was one of the first friends he made in Miyagi. Kei had met both siblings during their monthly visits to the Tsukishima abode and vice versa (Kei said it was mostly Taiga and Akiteru working on group projects and Kanae tagged along her elder brother). Tadashi knew Akiteru had friends and would frequently have them over, but he never bothered to take note of any of their faces.

But that time, little Tadashi half-wished he had.

2nd-grade Yukizawa Kanae was merely an inch shorter than her graduating brother. If it hadn't been for her low-tied pigtails, Tadashi wouldn't have guessed that they were similar in age. Her eyes were sharper than her brother's, sharper than Kei's. He noticed the size of her pinky being as long as his middle finger when they accidentally reached for the same bouquet on top of a shelf. Perhaps he was staring too long to realize that their fingers had brushed against one another, but the undeniably tall and lazy-eyed Kanae smiled and grabbed the bouquet for him instead.