Three

August 18th, 2021

"Blow out the candles Riri" We all said to my now 1 year old daughter and at her birthday party.

We ended up all blowing it out for her because all she did was look at us.

Everyone cheered and clapped in joy for Amari, and she loved every bit of it.

I cut the cake and gave the pieces to everyone, and of course I gave my baby a big piece even though I knew she was gonna get it all over herself as soon as I gave it to her... and she did.

I laughed because Amari was staying over at Cory's for the week so that was his problem.

Speaking of Cory, we have been really good co-parents and friends to Amari and he's really good with Riri. That was his little babygirl. 

Now for me, I've been fine I guess, It's just I haven't been with anyone else since Cory.

I went out on one bad date two months ago with some guy from work who was just WAITING for a chance, and I now regret it so much.

He was fifteen minutes late to the date, He was cheap, He would make these terrible dad jokes, Oh! He failed to tell me he had a whole ten year old at home that didn't even know he had left because he was asleep, and lastly He thought because he paid for the date, he was getting something afterwards.

I must have cussed his cheap, irresponsible, tight jeans wearing ass out and went home.

After that I told myself I was just gonna just focus on me and Amari. 

Amari then came up running to me saying "mama mama mama"

I picked her up and cooed at my baby when I seen Cory starting walks towards to me.

"Hey you two" he said looking at me and Amari

"Hey Cory you look good with those braids" and by that I mean very good like handsome good.

"Thanks I just felt like trying something new" he said smiling a bit at the compliment.

"Babygirl did you like your birthday cake" He said smiling at her.

"Yeahhhhhh" she said lifting her little hands in the air smiling.

We both laughed at her little cute self, one thing about my baby was that she loveess food like a lot.

"Mama mama mama mama" she said trying to get down.

"Okay baby I'll put you down" I said putting her down and for her to start running around.

"Look at her she know she can't run inside" 

"Oh just let her be, so how have you been Nisha?" he said leaning on the counter.

Gosh he was still so fine

"Oh I've been good just focusing on my job, me and Riri" 

"Yeah I can relate to that, also Vera told me she was taking you to Atlanta this weekend"

I had completely forgot about that actually, me and Vera were gonna go there for a "girls night getaway".

"Yeah, I only went to Atlanta once when I was like sixteen and I only was there for a good two hours because my flight was delayed and I had to stay there a little while."

"Oh, umm I hope you guys have fun you know" he said kinda looking down.

Me and Cory agreed almost two years ago that we were just gonna be co-parents to Amari, but that never stopped my feelings for him.