Thirteen

November 14th, 2023

Zanisha's pov

"Warren is that you?" Vera said. I couldn't believe what I was seeing right now... I thought Warren got shot a few years ago so why is he living and breathing right now?. "You all are probably wondering why I'm alive right now especially you Vera" Warren said walking closer to us.

"I guess Vera never told anyone what REALLY happened that night"

Vera started to look a little scared and said "Warren I-" he cut her off by saying "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH VERA! YOU PUT A HIT OUT ON ME FOR WHAT!?" everyone gasped.

"Vera what the fuck!? You told everyone he got shot by a random person" Cory said sounding confused as I was.

"THE ONLY REASON I PUT THE HIT OUT ON YOU WAS BECAUSE YOU WERE CHEATING ON ME WHILE I WAS AT HOME BEING FAITHFUL TO YOU! YOU EVEN CHEATED ON ME WHEN I HAD MISCARRIED OUR FIRST CHILD! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE PAIN I WENT THROUGH!" she said yelling at him.

"VERA I'M SORRY I CHEATED BUT YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO DO THAT TO ME! YOU COULD HAVE JUST DIVORCED ME AND I WOULD HAVE BEEN OKAY WITH THAT"

She pointed the gun at him. "NO! THAT'S NOT HOW THIS WORKS WARREN! YOU WERE MINE ALL MINE AND YOU LET SOME BITCH TAKE OVER YOU!" she said yelling with tears in her eyes

"Vera... please baby put the gun down" he said pleading with her.

"NO! I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING ESPECIALLY FOR YOU!"

"Vera... can't you see that something is very wrong with you? I've been MIA for all this time because I was scared to go back home... I was scared of you... I should have came home for our child. You always do this to guys you date... you get attached to them and then when they don't want you anymore, you do crazy things."

She started to tremble a little "Y-You don't know what you're talking about"

"Yes I do Vera, look at what you're doing now! You're gonna kill your sister over a man that doesn't care about you"

"IT'S NOT JUST THAT... WHILE SHE WAS LIVING GOOD AND HAD HER FATHER AROUND, I DIDN'T. MY MOTHER AND I STRUGGLED FOR YEARS AND HE DIDN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT US! I'VE ONLY SEEN HIM THREE TIMES IN MY LIFE AND IT WAS ONLY BECAUSE HE WANTED TO SLEEP WITH MY MOM AND THEN LEAVE!"

I didn't know what the hell to do. Everything I knew at this point about my parents were all lies... If I make it, I'm calling them after this.

"Vera... I understand that but that doesn't mean you hurt innocent people. You need help, this whole thing could be over and y-you won't have to go to jail... just put the gun down"

Vera didn't look like she was gonna put the gun down any time soon so I ran up on her and tried to grab the gun from her.

We struggled for a little bit and then we fell to the ground. "GIVE ME THE GUN" I said holding on to the gun.

"NO! LET IT GO!" she said struggling with the gun as well.

The gun then went off and everything went blank.