Seven

TW: verbal and physical abuse

July 1st, 2022

Zanisha's pov

I was still in shock that I had cheated on Meech. I felt so guilty and wrong but it was not like I was gonna let it happen again.

I was meeting up with Vera today so I decided to put on a black bodysuit with some shades and my hair in a bun. I also decided to wear the cuban butterfly chain Meech got me for christmas since I haven't worn it yet.

I drove to Vera's house and knocked on her door. "Hey Za-" Vera said then trailed off looking at my chain.

"Hey Vera, you alright?" I asked because she just kept staring at my chain.

She then looked up and said "Yeah... I was just admiring that beautiful chain of yours"

"Yeah Meech got it for me for christmas"

She just nodded her head and motioned me to come inside.

I went inside to see Kiana running around in circles and all I could think was how was she not dizzy?

"How long has she been doing that? I asked Vera.

"She's been doing that an hour now" she said laughing

I sat down on the couch and looked at Vera who looked as if she had seen a ghost.

"Vera are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine... want some wine?" she asked holding up a Stella Rosa.

"Yeah I'll take a glass"

She then grabbed two wine glasses and poured the wine into the two wine glasses and handed one to me while sitting on the couch next to me.

"So do you feel better?"

"What?"

"Remember you told me you were sick a couple days ago and that's why we couldn't hang out?"

"Yeah umm yeah my stomach was hurting real bad" she kind of stuttering.

"O-oh okay umm I think I should tell you something" I said before sipping on the wine.

"What is it?"

"Well that day you told me that you were sick, I had dropped off Amari and-" Vera's phone then went off.

She grabbed it and said "Umm I have to take this"

"Okay"

I laid back for a moment and really started to think about what happened when I dropped off Amari and how me and Cory had sex. Was I wrong?.

I also thought if I should tell Vera, it was like my gut was telling me that I shouldn't. That was a first because whenever I told Vera anything like this I could tell her no problem but for some reason I just couldn't.

After ten minutes of her talking on the phone, she came in the room looking kinda mean looking. "Everything okay?" I asked.

"Mhm" she said sitting down.

"Vera you can tell me anything I'm your best friend"

"It's nothing okay, now what are were saying?"

Vera was lying to me and I could tell.

"Nothing umm let's go eat out or something shall we?"

I came back home at around eight or nine a clock and I saw Meech on the couch.

"Where the fuck have you been?" he asked angrily.

"Demetrius chill out I was just out with Vera"

"You couldn't call me while you were out?" he said smoking his blunt.