Nine

author's note (yall might be mad at me after this one)

September 12th, 2023

Zanisha's pov

I have had enough, I have had enough of the abuse, the gaslighting, the buying me fancy clothes and cars so I won't leave... I was done with it all. He abused me, he abused my child before and I let that slide for what? It wasn't because I loved him, it was only because I didn't want to end up with Cory because of my own trauma. I'm going to get Cory back and I am leaving Demetrius TODAY!

I had got dressed and was ready to go back to Cory, the man I have denied loving for four years because of my trauma with my mom and dad. Ever since I was a child, my parents would go at it back and forth using me. They would make me choose which parent I loved more and wanted to live with but the truth was I love both of them and they treated me well. I just wanted my parents to be like the one I would see on tv where they were together and happy but eventually I learned the hard way that life can't be the way you wanted it to be, no matter how many times you wished, dreamed and even prayed about it. Today was gonna be different though, I was gonna give my daughter a better life.

Just when I was about to head out the door, I got a call from Demetrius.

I declined it and opened the door only to see him standing there.

"What do you want Demetrius?" 

"You" he said while holding flowers

"Really? Then why the fuck did you abuse me for two years?"

"I'm so sorry Zanisha, I really am"

"Meech I do not have time for this bullshit"

"Please just let me take you to dinner"

"No, I can't"

"Please just dinner"

"Fine, but make it quick"

As much as I would rather be with Cory right now, I at least wanted know what the hell he wanted.

He drove me to a fancy restaurant called Cafe Cortina like I expected him to do since the only way he showed he cared was buying or taking me to fancy places.

When we walked in, he pulled out my chair and then sat down across from me. "Before you say anything Zanisha, I just want you to know that I love you so much and I am so sorry for all the abuse and pain that I have put you through for two years"

"Demetrius, I understand that you think you love me but I do-" I stopped talking after he got on one knee with a three ct ring "Will you marry me?"

I was stunned, I was in every way shocked. "Baby I promise with this ring I will never abuse you again" he said looking at me.

"Yes!" I said while getting up and hugging him.

Everyone cheered in happiness and joy for us and Demetrius was so happy.

We went back to my place and talked about wedding dates and everything.

"How about we get married in November?" 

"N-November?"

"Yeah that's not a problem is it?"

No it's definitely not Cory's birthday month in November.

"Demetrius, maybe we should get married next year around this time"

He held me tighter "Please? I think November is the perfect month"

"How about we get married next year in November?"

"But I want to marry you this year, if it was my way we would be married right now"