Fourteen(the last chapter)

November 14th, 2023

Cory's pov

I watched as Zanisha and Warren exited the room. Amari was by my side looking down and sad. I looked over at her and said "Baby everything's okay" I said holding her hand. "But daddy, you're hurt and why did Auntie Vera have a gun?" I didn't know how to tell my three year old that her aunt was crazy so I just said "You don't need to worry about it okay?"

"Okay."

"Come on climb on the bed beside me" I said patting the bed.

"I-I'm fine over here dad" she said in a low tone.

I wasn't gonna let some lunatic ruin my daughter's happiness "Pleaseee... I don't wanna be alone" I said poking out my lip.

She turned around and saw my state and started to laugh "Daddy you silly"

She climbed up on the side of the hospital bed and laid down cuddling me tightly. She then closed her eyes and went to sleep.

"I love you so much" I whispered in her ear.

Nisha and Warren came back into the room looking shocked as hell. "What happened?" I asked.

"Vera turned herself in!" Nisha said sounding confused.

"Shhh, keep it down... Riri is sleeping and what?"

"I'm sorry, she said it was just the right thing to do" she said sitting in the chair.

To be honest, I was glad Vera decided to turn herself in but what about her two kids? She has a three year old and is pregnant with her second but at the same time, she should have known better.

"So... what do we do now?" Warren asked looking at everyone.

"I-...I don't even know how we just go back to our normal lives like nothing happened or what?" Nisha asked.

"What about Kiana?... how are we gonna...  I don't even know" Warren said shaking his head.

"I could try to get in contact with her mother and we could tell her everything that happened"

The news then popped up on the tv: "Today on local news, a woman by the name of Vera Collins was arrested for the murder of James Thomspon. She confessed this murder this morning to Detective Lisa Barry while she was at the hospital. She also confessed to the shooting that happened earlier this morning involving youtuber Cory Williams and actor Demetrius Flenory Jr and which she said she was the one that shot them. She also confessed that she was trying to kill her friend Zanisha Campbell as well. The folks say that Vera Collins is actually pregnant with Demetrius Flenory Jr's child and that she also shares a child with her deceased husband Warren Taylor named Kiana who is only three years old. The police are now investigating on Kiana's whereabouts to take her to foster care. I am Sara Richardson and this is local news" 

"Well... she knows now." I said out loud even though I was actually supposed to say that in my head.

Both me and Nisha's phones went off knowing that it was our family and friends making sure that we were okay. We answered the phone and told them that we were fine and they had nothing to worry about for right now.

"Well... Imma head back home umm heres my number if you wanna talk about this" Warren said handing us his written down phone number.

"Warren!" Zanisha said running up to him "Here, it's Vera's mother... call her and tell her that you are alive and that you wanna see your daughter" she said handing him the number.

"But that sounds crazy, what if she doesn't believe me?"

"She has to believe you, because they are now looking for Kiana aka your daughter because they think that she doesn't have any other parents"