monstrosity

"her heart ached at each monstrosity she saw, the smell of smoke and burnt flesh wafting through the air."

Small rays of light leaked through your windows as you arose from your bed, rubbing your eyes weakly.

Each part of your body begged you to return to your slumber. The day can wait, it whispered.

However, you willed yourself to get onto your feet and look into your mirror.

Your hair was fucked, and it seemed like small bits of mascara that you somehow failed to wash off were clumping up around your undereyes.

You yawned and sighed as you stretched your palms to the sky.

You couldn't get your mind off of your recent tutoring session. Your heart thrummed in your ears at the very thought of it.

You'd been needing at least some thrill in your life, and the parties weren't doing much to tame your excitement.

But the thought of your escapades with a hot—

You splashed cold water over your face and frowned at the thought of that. I have a boyfriend. I love him and he loves me.

The abrupt ringing of your phone had you lifting a brow and pulling your flip phone to your ear. "Hello?"

"Y/N~!" Oh, Sayaka. "Wanna go out today? We're going shopping."

"Can't! I have a study session with that stupid Tokito..." You whined, leaning on the back of the bathroom wall and groaning.

"Can't you just skip? Tell him you're sick, or something?"

The shattering of glass in the living room had you rolling your eyes, a normal occurrence for you now. "He'd probably stalk me, or some shit. He's just weird."

"I know, right?" She laughed. "Honestly, I'm pretty sure he has a big fat geek crush on you."

A few pleads before a shrill shriek resonated from the living room. "I wouldn't say it's that. I've gotta go now, love ya!"

You flipped the phone shut and groaned at the hushed sobs.

I thought he wouldn't wake up this early...

Muichiro ran a highlighter across his notes, rubbing his temples frustratedly.

His room's door creaked open which prompted him to turn around in his chair. "Huh?"

"I'm going out with friends." Yuichiro smiled. "Do you still have that shogi tournament today?"

His eyes widened, and he frantically looked up at his calendar. "Shit! How could I have been so stupid?!"

His brother watched as he ran around the room, desperately finding his uniform and shooing him away. "I'm changing! Leave!"

And the door shut.

~

Muichiro