perfidiousness

emergency a/n: this chapter contains brief, undetailed mentions and descriptions of SA and SH. viewer discretion is advised and i love you all sm. 💕

"dear y/n,"

"Shit," Ume breathed, staring at the many flowers and notes that were piled onto the late Arakawa Jiro's desk. "He's dead. Just like that. The guy's dead."

Your gaze moved to Sayaka, her mourning noticeable by the redness under her eyes as well as the crowd of students that put it upon themselves to crowd and comfort her. If it isn't the consequences of my own actions... You sighed, resting your jaw into your palm. "People have been treating me like some sort of bad omen; nobody wants to be around me."

Dark blue eyes stared sympathetically back at you, her standing form resting a gentle hand on the top of your head. "I guess everyone has their own ways of grieving, don't they? I'm just surprised why you aren't grieving."

"I am!" You whined, looking up at your friend from your desk. "I'm just still coming to terms with the fact that he's dead--really dead."

As if a cool chill had swept through the classroom, the door slid open and out came your current fascination: Tokito Muichiro. Blank, turquoise eyes immediately caught sight of Jiro's desk and the weeping Sayaka before quickening his walking pace towards his seat in efforts to not garner any unwanted attention.

If only if were that easy.

You watched in your peripheral as Sayaka, now blinded by rage, stalked over to Muichiro's desk behind you and slammed her hands down onto it. Ume stared on in shock along with the rest of your classmates.

"It's your fault--I can see it on your face!" Sayaka seethed. "What type of mind tricks did you play on him, huh?! You're the smartest out of the bunch, you should know the most about manipulation tactics!"

Muichiro gave her a dead stare in return. "As unbelievable as it sounds, I wasn't the master manipulator here. This may make me sound batshit crazy, but not all dead people are innocent."

"Oh, and you're so much better than him?!" She yelled, motioning over to his desk. "Walking in here giving everyone the cold shoulder, you really have the nerve!"

Get up, Y/N. You froze, half turned around in your seat as you watched the scene of events play out before you. This was now, more than ever, the best moment you had to make it up to him. To think that the cycle was destined to continue, despite the fact that the main guy behind the ploy now laid dead in a cemetery just a few kilometers from your house. Get up, Y/N. Your head repeated the words over and over again.

"Stand up, you murderer! You have the most motive here, stand up--!"

"Sayaka, stop."

She ceased her movements at the familiar voice she heard, her head slowly turning towards you like some sort of owl. You didn't mean for your voice to be so small at that moment, yet here you were.

"What'd you just say?" She whispered, slowly tilting her head towards her shouldsr like a maniac. It looked like she was about to kill you too, her bangs casting a deep shadow over her wide eyes.