red light

emergency a/n: depictions of SA are present in this chapter. viewer discretion advised.

"at some point, it seemed to all go numb for him. his vision blurred, and the ringing in his ears cancelled out all the yelling and cheering in the alleyway."

Blood.

The scent of blood coated the living room walls as you absent-mindedly traced your hands across them, feeling each indent and flaw in the material.

The loud crash of the door had your eyes flickering towards the sound for but a moment, before realizing that it'd just been your father who'd left. He stumbled out the door with a bottle of alcohol in his left hand, and his keys in the other.

Your mother whimpered quietly on the floor, staring at her crimson-soaked palms. For a moment, you felt remorse, before turning your attention back to your task at hand.

It was like you were seeing two of everything.

Snatching a bottle of pills from the cabinet and pouring a few into your hands, you swallowed each white pill dry. The throbbing pain in your head was killer.

All you wanted to do was sleep.

Calling off the deal with Muichiro seemed to be the best option for you, just so you could grow closer to Jiro. Jiro seemed like your only support at the moment, so why push him away?

He seemed upset at this, before nodding and giving you a thumbs-up.

You were glad he didn't lash out at you for rejecting him.

Your brother scrutinized you from the corner, scowling before continuing to study from the book in his hands.

But as you passed him by, he whispered one word.

Parasite.

Muichiro stared at your sleeping figure, staring in awe at the tranquil look on your features. From the view he was at, he could see each individual eyelash on your eyelids and each imperfection on your skin.

She's been sleeping in class more often nowadays... Turquoise eyes remained on your face, watching the rise and fall of your chest with each breath before letting out one shaky shudder.

What the hell is going on with you, Y/N?

Why are you suddenly...

... so interesting?

Originally, he wanted to chase the feeling of power by leeching off of you; by subduing you.

But, perhaps an ulterior motive had been established at the notice of your suddenly deteoriating sanity.

One that piqued his interest greatly.

Trained and calculated eyes flickered across your body, noticing the slight twitches in your fingers from and the change in your breathing every few minutes.