35: Want

I tugged my hand free from jungkook.

Whistling lowly, I spin around. Jungkook stood uncertainty flashing in his eyes, hands in pockets.

"Are you proposing me?"

He kicks his head back as a deep laugh runs from his throat. With two strides he comes to me, and Flicker his fingers on my forehead as he passes me. "You're already mine"

I pout, turning on my heel and looking at the blanket pillow fort with fairy lights.

Jungkook holds his hand out to me whilst looking at me.

I place my hand on top of his palm and let him lead me inside.

Jungkook settled on the blankets, arranging the pillows before Patting his chest. "come, I'll warm you up" not one to pass this opportunity, I sit between his legs, and watch as his arms circle my stomach pulling me to his chest. Indeed, he was warm.

For a few minutes we both remained silent looking out at the sky when he broke it. "This isn't what I expected"

I title my head to watch his face. "What do you mean?" He looks down at me with a chuckle.

"This," he gestured to us. "This marriage"

"What did you expect?" I ask.

Jungkook looked up at sky his expression thoughtful.

"I never liked the idea of marriage after knowing that how I'm going to end up with someone who'll only want me for wealth. Guess it made the whole concept of marriage... terrible" I nodded understanding his point of view. He continued with a sharp inhale. "Those were bad days. I was always angry. My mom persuaded me to get married cause I was getting old" he stopped to roll his eyes. "Whenever she begged me to settle on any girl I like, I refused. I said I don't want to get married. When she realised I wasn't going to budge they changed their tactics and threatened to remove me from will and Of course the company was off the table too"

I see his Adam Apple Bob as he gulps.

"What happened then?"

"I started going on dates that mum set up for me. Which was another failure"

"You didn't like any of them?" I inquire quietly.

I watch he Clenchs his jaw. "No. They weren't for me"

"How did you know?" He looks down at me with a small smile. "call it intuition. Then after long tortured weeks my mum told me about you" he shakes his head with himself. "I remember so vividly telling her to leave me alone. She didn't listen and went out of her way to schedule everything for marriage because in her eyes you were everything i-she was finding in my wife" he clears his throat looking slightly uncomfortable.

I hum, tapping my finger on his chest. "And that's it? You agreed to me instantly after hearing how amazing I am?" I end it playfully hoping to ease the atmosphere.

Jungkook chest shook as he laughed. "Told you she wasn't up for any excuses, furthermore I was met with my deadline and," gulp. "I was desperate"

I pat his chest. "You got lucky"

His hand tightens around me.

"You told me you didn't expect this, what did you mean by that?"

"Oh, yeah. My point, I thought I'd have to deal with you for the rest of my life. And the image I'd drawn in my head wasn't... pretty, to say the least" he grimaces looking apologetically at me.

I wave my hand dismissively. "It's ok, though what did you think of me?"

"That, uh, you'll be a witch with a bitchy attitude and who demands everything like she's a god favourite creature?"