Comfort

Zoro kept trying to break out of the ropes that bounded him to the dart board. Nami who seemed quite annoyed about the situation snapped at Zoro.

"Give it a rest. Those ropes are too strong, even for you." She said as my eyes widened at her comment.

"I've got out of worse." He replied not caring about her passive aggressive comment.

"When I ran out of the tent, I... saw a town or... what was left of one after Buggy destroyed it." Nami whispered.

"That's horrible." I said softly but Zoro ignored it.

"You mean, when you tried to leave us for dead?" Zoro said causing Nami to roll her eyes.

"We were surrounded and unarmed. You were picking a fight you couldn't win."

"I know your type. If there's nothing to gain, you're out." He said but Nami wasn't backing down.

"Says the wandering bounty hunter, trading lives for a handful of Berry and has a useless girl to carry around." Nami comment caught me off guard, I knew it was practically true but that doesn't mean she has to say it, plus I can be useful.

"I serve a purpose and do does Icilia, don't talk about her like that." He growled out.

"Just because I don't fight like you guys doesn't mean I'm not useful, I can do things you can't." I stated looking at Zoro he has a look of pride.

"I think I can get us out of here." Nami said as she takes out a lock pick her sock.

"You mean get yourself out of here. That's fair, but I'm going to need you to trust me." She said causing me to huff a little since she just insulted me.

"Just like a thief to lie to my face and ask me to believe her." Zoro said.

"We have no other option." I whispered.

"Fine. Just tell me what we're gonna do." Zoro says.

"What we've been doing. Waiting to make sure we're alone." She says smirking.

"You have a lock pick?" Zoro asked.

"I have four lock picks. The clowns only found three." And with that she went to work.

We hear luffy screams causing Nami to work faster.

"I'm worried, what if they hurt him?" I asked as I walked back and forth in the lions cage.

"I'm sure he will be fine." Zoro said but I only shook my head looking for ways to escape.

I heard something approaching us my head snaps up and I see a man on a unicycle his chest was out and his hair was black and green with a deadly look in his eye.

"Someone's coming distract them." Nami whispered.

"I don't talk I hit things." Zoro said.

"Remember me?" He asked standing infront of Zoro.

"No." He says making the man get annoyed.

"Must be some other homicidal, unicycle-riding clown." Zoro said poking fun at him.

"I've been thinking about you for years. About how you killed my brother." The man said I looked up and noticed a little crack, an opening to get the hell out of this cage.

"I killed a lot of pirates." Zoro says stalling time.

"My name is Cabaji, and a couple of years ago, you hunted us across the Goa Kingdom. Followed us for weeks through the swamp lands, day and night, never relenting, like some kind of demon."

Lifting myself up silently I turned myself invisible as I slowly moved the metal sheet at the top to create a bigger gap.

"Still not ringing a bell." Zoro says tauntingly.

"You cut off his head and you stuffed it in a bag, all for a few Berry." he said disgusted.

"Okay, that does sound like me." Zoro admired smirking but the clown pirate was irritated further.

he stepped back with throwing knifes causing my eyes to widen.

"Let's see if you can keep your head." And with that Zoro was spinning in circles as the clown threw knife after knife at him.

"You really don't fear death, do you?" Cabaji asked.

"No. I just don't fear you." He said as Zoro watches a sky invisibility comes off and I'm standing on top of the cage.

"You know, I'm gonna enjoy this.As soon as Captain Buggy's finished with you, you're mine." He said smirking but Zoro only shurgs making him throw his knife at Zoro accidentally cutting his ropes.

"Uh, tempting as that sounds, I'm not sticking around."

"Really? Got somewhere else to be?" He asked.

"Didn't used to think so. But Luffy changed that." Zoro responded truthfully.

"That simpleton in a straw hat. Don't tell me you actually believe in him?" The clown said disgusted.

"I don't need to. He believes in himself. It rubs off." With that last sentence Nami frees herself silently as I slowly crawl down the cage.

"And one more thing. Don't turn around." With that Nami push the man as Zoro breaks his one hand free strangling the clown. I untie his other hand and the first thing he does is grab my face checking for any scratches.

I look up at Zoro who holds the man running out of air intill he falls limp and Zoro drops him.

"I'll kill them all birdy." He whispered to me. I put my hand on his and leaned into his comforting touch.

"You shouldn't." I said softly.

"But I would." He said.

Zoro tuned to Nami who grabbed our things throwing it to us. My book and his swords.

"What's the plan? You do have a plan, right? That's your thing, plans." Zoro said.

"I say we beat the hell out of every clown we see." Nami smirked as Zoro laughed shaking his head, he loved this plan.