The hardship

Olivia's POV

@7 years old

I woke up early today. Somebody was knocking the door crazily.

"Open up you bitch, Its me dobsy. Valentine is calling you"

Evy got up and muttered something inaudible. It was still 5 in the morning. As she opened the door Dobsy pushed her back and entered the room. She grabbed me by ear and pulled me off the bed.

"You little rat you are coming with me."

"Let her go Dobsy, Narlin will kill you if you hurt her"

Shouted Evy

"Your precious Narlin is out of the town. Well even if he was here he couldn't do a thing about it. Valentine wants her to start work in the kitchen"

"But she is too young, I will not allow it."

Dobsy winked at Evy and said

"You can go to him for any grievances."

I will go to him now.

"Oh that I have to see. Liv lets go to valey."

"Dobsy don't take her there please".

Evy pleaded

"Why not after all its all for her whatever you will do inside with him"

Evy seemed sad. As we were moving to Valentines chambers I saw merlin. Evy shouted to him.

"Merlin take care of her, I will be back soon".

Merlin came and silently pulled me away from Dobsy.

I looked back at Evy, my beautiful Evy was crying. I asked Merlin

"Why is Evy crying. Is valentine going to hurt her."

He said

"No Evy has to work for him. Lets go out and play."

"But I don't want to play, I want to go to Evy. You are grown up you should help her. I think valentine is going to hurt her."

I pleaded with him but he just pushed me out into the garden.

That day I didn't play. Me and merlin sat out under a tree. I asked him about Narlan.

"He is away honey. He will be back soon."

At night fall Merlin took me to my room. Evy was lying in the bed. Her face was bruised and so was her body. Merlin silently left me with her. I took out an ointment from the cupboard and put it on her bruises. I could see bite marks all over her body. It made me sad.

She cried and holding my hands she said

"Liv I am sorry you have to do it for me. Be strong child."

But even at the tender age of 7 I could understand that valentine hurt her because of me. Therefore I said

"It was due to me that Valentine hurt you. Did he bring in his dogs? Did they bite you?"

Evy sat up in the bed and hugged me tightly.

"Yes dear it was his dogs that bit me but don't worry I will never let them hurt you."