In his embrace

Olivia @ 16

The past two years were the most peaceful time of my life. Valentine left the castle after Evelin's death. I knew he was up to no good. Narlan told me how Valentine was experimenting with dark magic to enhance his powers. He wanted to rule the world of shape shifters.

On the other hand we were blessed in the castle. Things were good. Narlan had strengthened his status at the castle. He had replaced most of the old staff with his own people. I slept in his room now. We slept in the same bed yet he kept minimal body contact with me.

These days I was feeling weird around him. When he touched me I felt tingling sensations spreading all over my skin and butterflies fluttering in my stomach. Sometimes when he was talking I just looked at him.

I liked to stare at his beautiful face for hours (Well i did that to his picture only). His violet eyes were so captivating but his gaze was so intense that I didn't feel brave enough to look into them. My fingers itched to touch his shoulder length black hair. I often wondered how it would feel to touch his lips an alluring colour of pink.

Evelin had told me about mates I think these feelings of mine suggested that Narlan was my mate. Today was my birthday and I was waiting anxiously for him.

"Olivia are you in your room. come downstairs your cake is ready"

It was Ana.

"I am coming"

I got out of the bed and in a heart beat reached the main hall downstairs. There were many vampires down there. I still felt uncomfortable around them. Ana told me that they were all invited to my party. though they all seemed teenagers but I knew that most of them were old souls.

"Where is Narlan" I asked Ana as I was bringing a tray of cupcakes to the dining table. I still worked in the kitchen and helped Moby and Ana with food preparations.

"There is still no news of him"

She replied.

"Hello there, do you remember me"

It was the same man from that fateful night. Yes I couldn't forget him ever.

"I am Mark." He smiled devilishly.

I didn't reply and strode quickly to the kitchen. He followed me

"A wolf with attitude that is feisty."

He grabbed my hand and turned me to face him.

"Valentine would be back soon, who is going to protect you then you little bitch."

"Mark leave her alone" It was Moby with his tall intimidating frame towering on Mark.

"Oh Isn't it Moby trying to save a wolf slut. You need a leash, dog. Your master is coming soon."

After saying that he laughed and joined the dancing crowd.

"Who invited him."

Ana asked. "I think he invited himself." replied Moby.

"Don't worry Liv everything is going to be fine."

"But what if Valentine is really coming back."

I asked them both

"Narlan would protect you"

"Why does Narlan help me, Why am I so important to him."

"Because you are his mate dear." replied Ana. Moby gestured her to stop.

So they knew, he must have told them perhaps.

"I am going to my room."

As I entered the room, I felt a hand tightly shutting my lips. He shoved me into bed. I knew it was Mark.

"Oh you are so sweet dear Olivia."

He got rid of my shirt soon. His hands were touching my upper body. It was like 1000 s of ants crawling over me. I kicked him hard in the groin. His face distorted with pain and he slapped me across my face. I pushed him off the bed and jumped to the door. I was running fast through the corridors when I felt that musky smell. I went straight into those strong muscular arms. I heard Mark saying

"So the prince is back."

"How dare you come here and touch her."

"Your father send me here. He knows you are asking about her in the werewolf community. He has warned you to stop immediately. Oh and he would be back soon"

.