𝟏𝟏 - 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 ─◌✰್ 𝗋𝖾𝖻𝗈𝗋𝗇❝𝗯𝗼𝘄 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗲

─◌✰್ 𝗋𝖾𝖻𝗈𝗋𝗇
❝𝗯𝗼𝘄 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗲.❞

You hadn't realized just how many royals there were

Until today, of course.

Now that you were all crammed in the same courting hall, waiting for the ceremony to begin, you could barely turn your head to count.

The hall was usually quite spacious, large enough for hundreds of people to gather, whether it be for meetings, small dances, or other affairs. But today, with hundreds of young women ready to stand before the kings and queens of Moonstone and Obsidian, along with their families, it felt - and smelled - like a sweaty broom closet.

Every girl waited in line. You were only about a dozen people back. You supposed it helped that you were the king and queen's daughter. And while no one would really care about you this season, because you were getting married in one day, it was important that you officially announced that you were open for courting once again.

It sucked that the season would end for you so soon. While you hadn't found anyone remotely suitable to marry last year, it had been a lot of fun. Men arriving in droves to woo you, bringing you flowers and sweets, talking to you about their boring careers just to stroke their ego. You, JJ, and Lanhua would stay up for hours gossiping about which dukes and earls had tried to win you over that day. Who the handsomest ones were, the most cocky. Even a few of the working class families would send their sons over, boasting their hard work and stellar personality. You really liked some of them actually, they were the nicest of the bunch.

But not this year.

You shifted from foot to foot impatiently. The ceremony was supposed to start in the next few minutes, but you'd been forced to stand there for an hour. The white heels you'd decided to wear were starting to dig into the balls of your feet. Unfortunately, they were a necessary evil on a day like this. All royals would look down on you if you wore flats. You weren't sure why, but it was an unspoken rule.