Chapter 254 The Young Master of the Qiao Family in the Imperial Capital

In the mayor's office of the Imperial City Government Building, Lu Mingkun signed several refugee resettlement relief funds and supplies with a pen. These properties were all raised by him through mobilizing donations from some powerful capital families in the Imperial City!

After the heavy rain, a large number of people died due to lack of effective treatment. Those who were lucky enough to survive suffered more or less sequelae, temporarily lost their ability to live, and had to rely on government relief to survive.

However, the medicines developed by the Imperial Capital's own scientific research institutes have not shown their original effects due to the irreversibility of the disease, and can only be stored as backup medicines. After all, no one knows whether the heavy rain will come again!

"Go! Distribute it as soon as possible according to the system. If you cause trouble again, you will be directly disqualified from the rescue. If you get it for free and are picky, you can't blame others if you starve to death in the end!"

He solemnly ordered the clerks who were waiting for him to sign. There are always some people who can't figure out their own situation. They have no support for survival, but they are still unhappy, making indiscriminate comments about the government's relief actions, and looking for trouble. Son, as if the whole world owes him!

"I understand, Mayor Lu! This time there are people from the military department helping to maintain order at the material distribution site. I guess those people are not that courageous!"

The clerk quickly agreed, took the document from the mayor's hand and left in a hurry.

Before Lu Mingkun could sit down, Secretary Wang walked in with a heavy expression on his face.

"What's wrong? What went wrong again?"

Lu Mingkun was the first to ask as soon as he saw his expression. There was basically no good news coming out of his mouth these days, so he just went straight to the topic!

He saw Secretary Wang standing in front of his desk, then took out a communication document and handed it to him, and explained: "I have contacted City B. There was also a heavy rain two days ago. However, They gave advance warning, so the losses are not as heavy as ours, but the sequelae are just as problematic!"

"What? There's also heavy rain in City B? What's the warning you're talking about? Isn't it impossible to predict?"

Lu Mingkun was quite surprised by the news. The heavy rain was not the focus, but the warning was what he paid attention to. How did they get the warning in advance?

"I'm not sure about this. There was no special explanation in the communication. Maybe it's just a coincidence! By the way, you see there is mention of the treatment of sequelae at the end. It seems that there are new drugs in use, but I don't know what the effect is?"

Secretary Wang reminded him to look back. There was only so much that could be said in a communication, but it was definitely valuable information.

Lu Mingkun, on the other hand, was deep in thought. There were early warnings and new drugs. It seemed that they were still unable to figure out what happened in City B and some of the resources they had. The information was all filtered. If they wanted to understand it, they would have to Only by sending someone over to take a look can we find out!

Thinking of something, he raised his eyes and asked Secretary Wang, "Did Chen Dahai also get the news?"

Secretary Wang nodded: "Yes, I have asked. The military headquarters in City B has quite a lot of contact with General Chen. With the strength of the military headquarters there, there must be a lot of news for General Chen. You should ask. General Chen?"

Lu Mingkun thought for a while, then shook his head slightly: "Forget it, based on my understanding of him, unless he is not sure, he will definitely not hide anything that is beneficial to the imperial capital! It is better to rely on others than to rely on yourself. , our scientific research institute has to fight for its reputation!"

"Mayor Lu is right! Do we need to reply to City B? Do we need to provide them with any support?"

Secretary Wang felt a little guilty when he said this. After the disaster in the imperial capital, there was still no respite. I'm afraid he was powerless!

"Ha!" Lu Mingkun sneered and said self-deprecatingly: "I just shamelessly asked them for support, what do you want me to do to support them?

However, you should reply to those who should reply to see what their requirements are, right? They know what's going on here, and they probably won't make it difficult for us!

However, don’t be stingy if there is something we can use, just find a way to send it to them! After all, we have to support each other in the future! Otherwise, it would be too difficult for humans to survive!

By the way, the medicines from the scientific research institute can also be used for their reference. Batch support is unrealistic. It was always possible to provide some samples in the past. Whether they can be put to use depends on their ability. We will try our best! "

Secretary Wang nodded in agreement. Seeing that the report was finished, he brought up another matter: "By the way, I happened to meet the young master from the Qiao family when I came up. He said that he wanted to see you for something. Please be sure to give me a favor. See!"

"Young master of the Qiao family? Which Qiao family?"

Lu Mingkun didn't understand why. There were so many big families in the imperial capital, and there were countless young masters and young ladies. How could he know Master Qiao?

"The Qiao family is naturally the first aristocratic family in the west of the city. Didn't you just meet the head of the family, Qiao Zhenhang, at the mobilization meeting a few days ago? He was also an outstanding private entrepreneur in the past, and he is the one you praised so much!"

Secretary Wang reminded me gently.

"Oh! You're talking about Qiao Zhenhang! Doesn't his family have two daughters? Where did the young master come from?"

After being reminded, Lu Mingkun realized who it was, and immediately slapped his forehead in realization, and then raised his own question.

"The children of his brother's family came here after the apocalypse, so you are not familiar with them yet!"

"Oh, that's it! The Qiao family has taken the lead in raising funds this time. I have to give something back anyway, so let's meet!"

In the future, the imperial capital will still have to rely on these powerful families in many aspects. He, Lu Mingkun, is not an emperor. I cannot see a mortal. If a junior has the courage to come, he must give him a chance. Of course, he is more interested in who he is. What could possibly happen to find him here?

Therefore, not long after, when a fashionably dressed, tall, and extraordinary-looking young man was led in, Lu Mingkun was actually a little surprised. There was such an outstanding person in the imperial capital!

"Hello, Mayor Lu! I am Qiao Yin from the Qiao family in the west of the city. I take the liberty of coming to visit. Please forgive me!"

The young man spoke elegantly, behaved well, and introduced himself generously and gracefully. His behavior seemed to be beyond what he should have at his age, and seemed a bit immature.

"Oh! Xiao Qiao! Hello, sit down!"

To be honest, Lu Mingkun had a good impression of him, so he greeted him kindly and gave up his seat. He looked at him with a smile to show his friendliness.

"Thank you, Mayor Lu!"

Qiao Yin sat down obediently, then looked up at Lu Mingkun with a smile and said again: "I'm sorry to bother you, but I do have something urgent to come to ask for help. I beg Mayor Lu to give me some help for the sake of the Qiao family's efforts to support the government's rescue." help!"

The child just sat down and didn't talk nonsense. He directly stated his purpose, which surprised Lu Mingkun. The Qiao family was prosperous, with a head and capable people. If something urgent happened, a young boy would come here for help. He was curious, so He opened his mouth and asked: "What is it?"

© 2010-2020 quanben-xiaoshuo.com