love game, 4

at the dancing game it was skye and jeremiah. and skye won. we walked out of the arcade, laughing and i was last. i stopped when i saw this cardboard of four mermaids with their faces cut out.

"guys, let's take a picture!" i hear susannah yell in the back of my mind and i hear my mother's laugh the one i yearn for now.

i see my younger self, younger belly, healthy susannah, and happy mom as we stick our faces out and a woman does a countdown and we all say cheese as she clicks the picture.

i open my phone and scroll through pictures and see that picture, sending it to mom.

we settled into our cars and i had the singular seat one along with conrad. skye decided to stay with cameron. i started my car as cameron did the countdown and then i started driving away before anyone.

"oh you're going down!" conrad yelled as i continued driving fast.

"eat my fucking dust, bro!" i yelled.

"oh no!" i yelled as conrad, came next to me and our cars attached as we both drove past the finish line.

"get ready to pay up, belle." steven said, as we were in the candy shop.

"oh my god." i said after remembering something and i went to jeremiah.

"do you remembered something with candy shop?" i smirked, pointing at jeremiah, he was confused before he slowly started to nod.

"yeah? yeah!" i exclaimed and we both laughed.

"do you remember when belle danced at nicole's party on the song candy shop?" jeremiah asked steven and conrad as we both started to hum that song.

"oh yeah, yeah, yeah. belle was drunk off her ass and you had to carry her to the car and she threw up." steven said as we chuckled.

"it's making me cringe as we speak about it." i said.

"is it time?" i asked conrad.

"it is time." he said. "the tower of terror awaits."

"i'm gonna go and get you a barf bag." steven said.

we walked out and then stared at the tower of terror with horror filled eyes. it was my turn, and i shakily stepped up the steps and onto my seat already feeling butterflies or something in my stomach.

"woohooo, you can do this, belle!" my friends cheered and i couldn't give them a smile as i prayed to god to let me live.

just when the worker buckled my seat, cornad ran up and sat in the seat next to me.

"what are you doing?" i asked.

"i can't let you go alone." he said.

"you won! con, don't be stupid, get out!" i exclaimed.

"too late." he smirked as the worker buckled the seat. i looked infront of me as we slowly started to go up, and i grabbed his hand and he chuckled.

"don't worry. i'm up here with you." he said.

we slowly went up and dropped as we all screamed loudly and our lungs out and it slowed down.

"oh my fucking god!" i yelled, shaking. we slowly went down and got out of our seats and our friends cheered for us.

we went home. i was in conrad's car in the passenger seat.

"i haven't seen you this happy in a long time." i said to him.

"me too, dude. today was alot of fun." steven said.

"it felt good to feel like a kid again." he smiled.

"we're healing our inner child." i said, wiggling my fingers up, acting spiritual.

"and i know that my mom only ever wanted us to be happy, but... it's been hard." conrad said. and i slowly grabbed his hand that wasn't on the steering wheel.

gesture of comfort.

"today was good." he nodded, smiling.

"and uh look... now that i don't want you two to start things up again, but..." steven trailed off.

"what?" conrad asked.

"i just noticed there's a vibe between you two." steven said.  i slowly removed my hand from conrad's and turned to stare the window.

"what? it's just an observation." steven said.

"you're making it awkward." i said.

"whatever!" he chuckled.

"i appreciate your observation." conrad chuckled.

the car ride ended and we started to walk towards the house.

"hey, you dropped this." conrad called out, throwing me the giraffe and i catched it.

"you have a name yet?" he asked.

"i'm going to call her chocolate." i joked.

"seriously?" he asked.

"no!" i laughed.

"she is..... suzie." i said.

"like susannah?" he asked and i smiled, shrugging.

"why didn't you want another cocoa?" he asked.

"i'm not thirteen anymore, conrad." i said and walked inside the house, slowly while conrad stopped walking.

"what the fuck?!" jeremiah yelled and my heart dropped. i looked at the dining area, seeing furniture gone.

i walked to where everyone else was as tears gathered in my eyes and i saw all the furniture gone.

and i feel that there's nothing anymore. nothing of me. nothing of the magic. nothing of susannah.

her everything is gone and i choke back on a sob. she's gone. completely.

and i feel as if i failed her.