love fest, 1

"it's sold? you-you sold this house in the last 12 hours?" conrad asked.

"yes. to a-a lovely family with three children and some kind of a poodle mix," julia said. i felt belly grab my hand and i held it back, tightly.

"well, it can't just be over." jeremiah said.

"it is. uh, i'm gonna need your keys, please," she said, forwarding her hand. conrad digged his hand into his pocket and took out of the keys.

"i bet you're really enjoying this." conrad said, taking the key out of the ring. julia only sighed.

"mom, don't do this." skye said.

"skye, really?" julia asked.

i zoned out. staring at the ground the faces and the voices all blurred out as i thought of every. single. moment. i have had in this summer house. i had my first kiss here. i lost my virginity here, i have celebrated all of my birthdays in this house, every fourth of july. 

my legs weakened and i almost fell before steven and belly quickly held me.

i hate this.

-

"okay. so, i know things aren't going so great right now, but it's always the darkest before the dawn, right?" jeremiah asked.

"yeah, not this time." conrad said, quietly as moved his hand up and down the counter.

"ignore him, he's using his emo personality right now." i said, leaning my head on the counter.

as if i wasn't.

"i'm sorry, i-i tried to get her to call off the deal." skye said.

"it's not on you, skye." conrad said.

"i know, but she's my mom." they said. "so, i would get if you were angry with me, too. i just can't deal with her right now."

"hey, no one's mad at you, skye." jeremiah said, hugging them.

"so, what? we're supposed to go home?" steven asked.

"sure, after destroying the house," i said, sarcastically and quietly.

"yeah, it's over." conrad said.

"no!" belly exclaimed. "our-our last memory here can't be this."

"everyone miserable and defeated. i mean, this place deserves a better goodbye than that." belly said.

"like what?" conrad asked. belly went quiet. however, i was thinking about what belly said.

"you know... mom once told me that she came to the beach house with susannah after her dad died. and she told that it was supposed to be just the two of them but classic susannah hated how empty the house was, so she decided to throw this giant party." i said, my hands making gestures as i told.

"everyone was drinking, dancing, and you know.. just having fun. they even went swimming in midnight. like.." i chuckled.

"susannah said it was gatsby or something." i said making conrad crack a smile. 

"thank you, rose, for giving me an example. let's throw a giant ass fucking party." belly said.

"i'm in." jeremiah said

"me, too." taylor said.

"me, three." skye said.

"i love this for us." cameron said, excitedly making everyone chuckle except conrad and i.

i don't know if i was in a mood for a party. if someone said that to the last year rose, she would've agreed but right now i can't seem to.

but everyone seemed excited about this.

"you in?" steven asked conrad. everyone looked at conrad -- including me -- as he turned to look at me.

"i think it's exactly what my mom would've wanted." he said.

for susannah.

"she'd love it."

"great, okay. everybody, shower, power nap, and then rose and i are putting on you on work." belly said, energetically.

i stood up straight and stretched. everyone went different ways while me, steven, and conrad stayed downstairs. it seemed as if the two wanted to talk about something but they wouldn't cause i was there so i went outside.

"i'm literally going to take a shower that steam would still be coming from my skin after i'm done." i said after a while of staying outside and then going upstairs with steven in front of me and conrad behind.

"i feel like i had been mining for the last 10 hours." i said, steven chuckled shaking his head before going into a bathroom.

"boiling hot shower, here i come-" i was cut off by my own yelping when conrad pulled me in the other bathroom.

he kissed me and i responded, his hands running down my arms to hold them and wrap them around his nape before he pulled me close by my waist.