chapter 22

GRADUATION DAY!!

Everyone was at their respective houses getting ready for the big day ahead.

~

"Mom have you seen my hat, I can't find it anywhere?"
"Felix, sweetie it's in your hand".
"oh damn, thanks anyway mom"
"You're welcome freckles!"

~

"Jisung where's my camera?" "I can't not have pics for your big day".
"Uh...mom?"
She whipped her head around, facing him, "yes dear?"
"Look in front of you".
"Damn I'm getting old. Okay let's take some photos before the others get here".

~

"Mom can you stop pinching my cheeks, it hurtssss"
"Well, yang jeongin" she started with sass "you're not getting any younger so let me just relish in your youth for a bit more". He felt guilty upon seeing tears forming into her eyes and leaned forward to hug his mother. "I'll always be your baby no matter what".

~

"Yah! SEO changbin, keep still let me make you look presentable"
"Sorry mom, it's the nerves" he answered looking down.
She sighed "it's okay baby, I understand, come here". And so she stopped what she was doing going to engulf him in a hug.
Breaking apart changbin asked " where's dad by the way?"
"Honey?!"
"Yeah!"
"He's in the room getting dressed it seems".

~

Due to Chan's parents being in Australia, they couldn't 'make it'.
So he was stood in the mirror with tears falling on his face as he secured his tie around his neck.
His phone started ringing, it was his parents. He wiped his tears and answered.
"Heyy channie, how are you doing love?"
"I'm good mom".
"Oh your dad and I ordered something for you and it just arrived so go check outside".
"Okay mom, your face is really close to the camera though" he said with a smile on his face.
"Oh you know I'm getting old and don't know how these things work".
"Old my ass-"
He stopped mid sentence after hearing his voice on the other side of the door.

"No fucking way" he ripped open the door and was met with the sight of his parents and siblings.
Hannah and Lucas were crouched on the floor as they didn't want to be caught in the video call.
Safe to say, tears were shed and hugs were exchanged.

~

"Ma tell me I look fabulous; don't I look fabulous?" Hyunjin bothered his poor mother while strutting in the hallway of their house.
"Yes now come here so I can take some photos before I smack you".
"I'd listen to her if I were you, I just got smacked too". His dad chimed in
"Want another one Mr Hwang?"
"No ma'am".

~

"Minnie I can't believe you're graduating".
"Neither can I mom and I just wanna say thank you, both of you, for everything you've done for me".
"It's the bare minimum son, don't thank us, just go out into the world and do good for yourself".

~

Lee know was seated on his bed putting on his shoes when his mother came in the doorway " hey know"
"Hi mama"
"I can't believe it's your high school graduation, I'm so so proud of you bubs".
His dad came across too "exactly what your mother said, we love you so much, never forget that"
"I'm gonna cry if y'all don't stop"
"Alright fine, meet us in the living room when you're done"
"Okayy".

~

"And finally, let's welcome our beloved valedictorian on to the stage".
A standing ovation was given, minji being the loudest of course, mi young right behind her.

"Yorobeuuunnn, nomo bogoshiposooooo, alright let me stop playing. Heyoooo class of 2023. Welcome graduates, parents, faculty, hot lunch ladies, and unhappy siblings who were forced to sit through this incredibly long ceremony". The crowd errupted into laughter upon hearing his opening line. Jisung continued, "To my fellow graduates, we did it! And for some of us, we've accomplished something we never imagined we could. But here we are today with those who never stopped believing in us. We're living proof that it's not only possible but it's never too late to conquer the dreams we made as children".

" I want to take this time out to thank my mom, I love you bro. I'm so blessed to have had your encouragement pushing me forward, even when I was down and struggling. I wanna thank you for never giving me up even when grandma told you too, thank you for not making me an orphan-"

"HAN JISUNG" minji shouted while she stood up laughing through her tears, "quit messing around kid".

"Alright alright. I would also like to thank all my friends. High school was so much better with you guys in it, thank you for the memories you've given me, I'll treasure them for a life time. I truly hope each and every one of you continue to better not only yourselves but all those around you. To help those non-believers achieve their long forgotten dreams. It can only get better from here, to the class of 2023, CONGRATULATIONS!!"

Jisung bowed and began walking off the podium but turned back "oh and lee minho, if I'm not your boyfriend by tomorrow, sleep with one eye open" he said looking directly at lee know with a sick smile on his face. Then he practically skipped off to where his mom was seated.

"Why is him threatening me so damn attractive" lee know mumbled to himself.

~

"Group photo timeeee!"

They took photos until their fingers hurt and their faces were sore from how much they were smiling.

~

Everyone was gathered at minji's house, both jisung's friends and their parents.
Lee know was grilling meat, chan and seungmin were setting the table, changbin and Felix were getting the drinks and jisung was inside helping his mother.
"Ji, honey you can go outside, there's not much to do here anyway"
"Are you sure?"
"Positive".

He obliged going outside and making a bee line for the grill.
"Say ahhh"
"Ahhh. This is good, Lee minho what can't you do?"
"I should be asking you that love" minho replied to him with a fond smile on his face.

"If the meat burns, jisung and minho are the only ones eating it" Felix said, a playful glare taking over his features.
Jisung stuck his tongue out at lixie as he moved away from the grill to take a seat.

He looked around at everyone, a smile gracing his perfect features.
In that moment, jisung realized how lucky he is to have this big of a support system.

a/n: HELP MY MOTHER JUST CALLED ME PRETTY (pls remember me if I die).
Anyways another shitty chapter that I hope you enjoy anyways <3. Oh and most of the speech isn't mine, got pieces from Pinterest.

A pic...

My first ever kpop husband

I love him sm.

Aight BYE 🏃🏾‍♀️💕