Chapter VIII: The Boy Who Lived

"Oh for the love of Merlin, what did I do to get myself in this situation!?" Mark yelled in his mind, The young slytherin was completely osilent. Shaking hands with the boy who defeated his father, the boy who survived the killing curse, the boy who lived. Mark not only saw green eyes behind round shaped glasses, but he also notices the lightning shaped scar on his forehead, the scar that told a thousand words. All Mark could think of was how not to say the words 'Hi nice to meet you, I'm the Dark Lord's son! You know, the guy who killed your parents?' out loud. And he couldn't use a defensive spell either, not on a student he just met, that would be rude, and could escalate an unwanted fight in the great hall, forcing the unwanted rivalry even further.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked, noticing the look on his face. They both could hear Liam eating his cereal as it crunches in his mouth. "I hope I don't seem too brash."

"Potter! Right! I heard some things about you!" Said Mark, trying to slow the tension in his head. "Wait, how did you know about what happened in the village?" Mark asked.

"My friend told me." Said Harry. "She was worried about you, she says she knows you, her name is Hermione Granger." He said. "We would've met earlier in the library, but you ran off quite abruptly if it honest."

"That's right, you two are friends, I forgot about that." Said Mark, getting even more terrified. And how did Hermione know about Hogsmead, it's understandable that she's the brightest witch of her age, and that word travels fast in Hogwarts, but still. Hopefully she didn't find out his big secret, not yet at least.

"Well, I have to go, nice meeting you, Mark." He said, holding his hand out for another hand shake.

"You too." Said Mark, he grabs Harry's hand, shaking it, Harry grunts in pain, mark notices the bandages wrapped around his hand. "Oh, sorry, What happened to your hand?" Mark asked, concerned.

"Oh, don't worry about it, just something I got from dentention." He said, rubbing his hand, just casually brushing it off as nothing. Mark then remembers Umbridge giving him detention earlier yesterday, he never took her as one who uses the physical type of discipline. And by that, he meant abusive, the more Umbridge's presence is known, the more Mark dislikes her even more, especially putting her in that kind of light. "See you, Mark." Harry then walks away, back to his table. Mark just breathed heavily, and sat back down to his seat.

"Well that went better than expected." Said Liam.

"I don't know." Said Mark. "The feeling was just as expected."

"Speaking of expecting." Said Liam.

"...what?" Asked Mark.

"What, he says." Liam chuckles. "You promised you were going to tell me about that spell you casted. How you're only a new student who is skilled with his own wand? How you know these types of spells?! You're always so quiet, which is off for a slytherin."

"Liam, I told you, my mom told me everything." Said Mark.

"Oh no, there's more, you seem to k ow more than what the school can teach us! So Spill it!" Said Liam.

"...I don't know how to tell you this...just promise you won't scream, or freak out...or avoid me?" Asked Mark.

"Mark, we're friends, you can tell me anything." Said Liam. "Let me guess, you learned from the dark wizards from diagon alley." He laughs as he goes back to eating his cereal.

"...I'm the son of Voldemort." Said Mark, quietly, Liam drops his spoon from his hand, and just laughs.

"Ha! That's good! Now seriously, stop joking." Said Liam.

"I'm not joking, Lord Voldemort is my dad." He said.

"And I also survived a killing curse, I can make stuff up too, mate." Said Liam.

"Im not making any of this up." Said Mark. "My mom was a student at here, and she fell for a substitute teacher, Tom Riddle, he taught some lessons for Defense against the dark arts, then they fell in love, he asked her to join him in ruling the wizarding world, she refused, and raised me on her own, now I'm here, and I don't know why."

"You should be a writer, because this is interesting." Said Liam. "I'd read that book."

"...what if I told you I can prove it? Because there's something else I can do." Said Mark.