Chapter IV: Slytherin

Mark Obsidian, the new slytherin student, just sat alone as all the other students gather around the great hall as they talk to each other, Liam and Will are nowhere in sight, and ghats on the schools population. Suddenly another red head shows up to him. "How many redheads are there in this school?" Mark kept to himself.

"Hey, welcome to Hogwarts." He said. "I'm Ron, by the way, Ron Weasley." He said.

"Mark." He said, the amount of times Mark introduced himself.

"Look, I want to apologize for my friend Harry's behavior, he's not really himself at the moment." Said Ron.

"I get it." Said Mark.

"Really Weasleby?" Said the platinum blonde boy as he makes his way back to the table, along with two other boys. "Making friends with the new student I see?" He turns to Mark. "You must be Mark Obsidian, quite an entrance you've made, this is Crabbe, and Goyle." He introduced his friends. "And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He introduced himself, Ron sighs. "You'll soon realize there are wizarding families that are better than ours, Obsidian, you don't want to be making friends with the wrong sort." He said, referring to Ron and his family. Draco then extends his hand. "I can help you there." He waits for Mark to grab it.

"Sorry, I don't shake hands with ferrets with an inferiority complex." Said Mark. Draco, looking defeated, runs off with his friends.

"Woah, never met a slytherin who would stand up for me like that." Said Ron. "Don't worry about Malfoy, he's not the type we call, friendly,"

"I have a good judge of character." Said Mark.

"Well, im here if you have any questions, I'm a prefect after all." Said Ron.

"What's a prefect?" Asked Mark.

"A student but with more power than the rest of them." He said.

"Maybe I should've been one." Said Mark, they both laugh.

"I'm telling you, Albus, there's something about this boy!" Yelled an adult voice, it was Snape speaking to Dumbledore, they then rush in the door, perhaps it was a private conversation.

"Looks like your the talk of the school already, oh and careful about the stairs, they like to change." Said Ron. "Better get back, nice meeting you." He said. Mark looks back at where the two used to be, perhaps Snape already doesn't like him.

All the slytherin students left to their common rooms mark stayed behind with Mcgonagall, she then leads him to the dungeon corridor, where the common room is supposed to be, nothings there, no door, nothing.

"The password is, Aspiration." Said Mcgonagall. "It changes every year depending on what Slytherin traits there are." Mark then walks up to the wall.

"Aspiration." A snake tail waves around the wall, revealing a door where the bricks used to be.

"Oh, and don't mind the other students, some of them will think they are better than the others." She said. What kind of house is this?!

"That's awful." Said Mark. "I want to prove myself to this school, but not like this." Mcgonagall smiles.

"I am glad to know that you are different than the rest of them, Mr. Obsidian" She said. She walks off as Mark enters the room, it looks gothic, but relaxing. The windows look like the room is underwater as many sea creatures were swimming by the windows. Most of the students acknowledge him, but Mark just walks towards the couch, suddenly, a man in black robes sat in front of him.

"Quite an entrance you've made, Mr. obsidian." Said professor Snape, looking towards the young wizard. "Professor Severus Snape, head of House, and potions professor." He said, his demeanor seemed depressing and mostly unamused.

"Nice to-."

"Breakfast starts at 6:30, Classes start at 9:00, I do hope you are prepared." Snape then leans in. "I hope the son of You Know Who has a regard for the rules." He whispered. Marks eyes widened in shock. This was not good, Snape of all people knows who he is, and he didn't even tell anyone. "Rest assured, I'm not one to spoil secrets such as this, but let's see what the future heir of slytherin is made of..."

"I'm looking forward to it...professor..." said Mark. They both stare, then Snape walks off into his quarters, then stops.

"Oh, and I do hope you know that the boy who lived also attends this school, no?" Asked Snape, Mark looks confused, Snape then smirks. "Hmm, this shall be very intresting...see you at class, Mr. obsidian..." He then walks away. Mark then shrugs off Snapes words, as he must prepare himself now, who is the boy who lived? And what does he have to do with Mark? And how did Snape know his secret? All he knows, Mark is in danger, and not by Snape.

He stands in his lair, petting the snake, his cold pale fingers stroking the scales, planning his next move, he then has a feeling, something he hadn't felt since the end of July that same day.

"...another heir...had been chosen..." he could sense the same powers as him, but this is different, it's almost as if, he and this new heir were connected. "...Mary...of course...the heir of skytherin has come at last." He said, as stays in his chair, figuring what to do with this new heir...his son. Forget Harry Potter, and forget Albus Dumbledore, this was a new fight beginning to take place. The Battle of the Heirs of Slytherin has begun, and there can be only one.