Part 6

The most annoying part about research was finding sources. Reliable, clear, and concise.

Dan was immersed in scientific papers, his old laptop already overheated.

He sighed.

"What is this...?" Jaekyung chuckled watching Dan's desktop: a meme of a hamster.

"pffff... looks like you," he said.

Dan blushed.

"I-it's not...!" but Jaekyung was already far, giving instructions to Daehyun for his experiment.

Since their first night together he seemed more comfortable around him but there was still something that didn't work between them.

First of all, Jaekyung never kissed Dan again. The last kiss they shared was the stolen one in his apartment before they even started with that stupid agreement.

And apart from sex, they didn't spend time together.

Dan knew their agreement didn't have any type of romantic implication still he cared about Jaekyung, the first one who showed him a whole new world. Literally.

Dan was angry at himself for getting stucked in a one-sided relationship, where every gesture could have another meaning.

But only for him.

"Dan... Will you come tonight?"

"Uh?" Dan raised his eyes from the papers and saw Daehyun, waiting for his answer.

"oh... Tonight? Where are you going?"

"There's a party... C'mon it will be fun"

Dan's eyes wandered to Jaekyung, who was busy cleaning a test tube.

Even if they were friends with benefits Dan was free to meet new people, right?

He quickly nodded.

"Okay, I'll come".

He didn't notice the slight change in Jaekyung's expression.

-

The sunset was painting the campus in a pretty orange with a sprinkle of lilac clouds, it was so pretty that Dan took a picture with his phone while returning to his room. He already called Potato and invited him.

Dan wanted to drink. So much to forget about his doubts and insecurities. Not only about Jaekyung but the research too.

His grades were good but not enough to hope for an opportunity outside the university.

He sighed.

Returned to his room he changed his clothes and went to the party.

-

"So you're not coming?" Heesung asked.

At the end of the phone, Jaekyung was silent.

He didn't like drinking, people, and parties at all.

"Don't think so. It's better to study".

"Gosh... you're so boring."

"Choi Heesung I swear..."

"Okay okay, I'll tell Kim Dan you're not coming," Heesung said before hanging up the phone. His voice is playful and foxy as always when it comes to annoying Jaekyung.

"Who cares who will come at that stupid party" Jaekyung whispered while lying on the couch and took the book he was reading.

"Please Jaekyung..." The memory of Dan trembling and whimpering under him ran into his mind.

"Fuck..."

He had to stay focused on the book, the project, and nothing at all. Kim Dan was only a pretty little distraction. A way to lose the tension. They both were aware of that.

-

"Yoon-gu!" Dan called his friend, waving his hand to catch his attention.

Yoon-gu was with the blonde handsome guy they met during the blind date.

He didn't know if they were dating or not, but both seemed pretty comfortable around each other.

Dan smiled.

"You two are very cute together" he admitted.

"Whaaaaat?" Yoon-gu was surprised.

"No way Dan! What are you talking about?! We're not a couple"

Heesung laughed hard.

"Calm down little mutt, you have to admit that I was not that bad..."

Yoon-gu blushed thinking about that night.

Since then Heesung was always around him.

"I wish I was more like you" Dan admitted, fixing the eyes on the ground.

"What...?" Yoon-gu asked curiously.

Heesung smiled.

"Dan, would you like to take a walk with me? So we can chat a bit."

He winked at Yoon-gu.

"Uh? Okay... " Dan nodded and followed him outside the dormitory.