Chapter 27 | Preparations

The Gang, for some reason was gathered at Zed and Daki's dorm. For apparent reasons, they gathered their to eat dinner together. Zed was cleaning the plates and utensils at the kitchen area whilst listening to the others talk with the upcoming event while eating.

"Everyone, have you decided on your costumes?" Kanae asked, seemingly excited for the event.

One by one, they answered her question, For Sabito and Makomo they kept it as a secret. Shinobu and Giyuu was still deciding. Everyone answered except for one. Kanae looked at Daki, who's attention was on someone, "How about you, Daki?"

"Oh.! Um.. I haven't decided yet." Startled by Kanae, she stuttered as she answered.

Kanae glanced at Zed then back, "I see." 

She continued to discuss the matter to everyone, gleaming in excitement as they already expected that she'll be the one who'll be the most excited.

Daki seemed to have notice that everyone was done with their feast and decided to clean up; gathering their plates and utensils then handling them to Zed. "Here." 

"Thanks." Zed received the plates and continued washing the remaining's. "Got something on me? you've been glancing at me for a while now." He spoke without taking a look at her.

Startled by the sudden statement, she took awhile to answer. "I was wondering, if you had plans for the upcoming Halloween Party."

Zed took a moment whilst preparing hot drinks for everyone at the guest area, "I haven't got nothing in mind. Would you mind giving these to them, please." He gave her a tray of hot chocolate drinks.

"I see. How about a costume then?" Daki asked, splitting her attention to him as she gave everyone their hot beverage.

The two continued with their conversation as if they have their own universe. Everyone already took notice and yet was baffled at the scene. "Seems like we've encountered a married couples domain." Everyone thought the same as they observed the two.

_

Days has gone passed and the announcement of a Halloween Party has been publicly made at the university. It was also announced that classes may turn abnormal as each class will be helping with the decorations and preparations of the event, surprised by the statement. Every student screamed of joy with it and thus the preparations begun;

Daki was walking down at the isle with fellow students, having to carry a box of equipment's that was per requested. They were happily chatting about the the party as they deliver the items to the gym.

"Oof." She collided with someone as they took a turn. "Sorry, I wasn't looking!" immediately apologizing.

"Well, well. It's been awhile, Ume." 

Hearing the voice, dismayed her. She slowly looked up and saw Kaigaku. An ex-boyfriend of hers back in early year's of her college.

Kaigaku was one of many of Daki's boyfriends in the past. The reason she was at discomfort of his presence was the trauma he had inflicted to her in their past relationship. He was a kind-hearted man when they first went out; a gentleman, sweet and caring. With those Daki thought, he was the man of her dreams then it all started to twist. As she begun to more open with him, he started to change. He was not the man as she met before. Kaigaku had pulled the strings and manipulated her to his liking. Knowing he can't inflict bruises to her as her brother may come for him. He instead went for the ones dear to her, anyone who wasn't involve was beaten to a pulp, man or woman he didn't give a damn.