✦10✦

"I don't know, they're kind of cute

"I don't know, they're kind of cute."

She huffed, sliding them back up her nose bridge "This is humiliating," I muffled a laugh as she blinked, her eyes looking much larger through the lenses "They don't even fit on my face!"

I adjusted them for her and grinned "Well they aren't for your nose are they?"

"Yeah I guess not," She grumbled, turning back to face the mirror "At least I can see," She acknowledged.

Glasses were not a typical thing worn by the people I'd met before or even a common thing in other alien cultures. The only ones I could think of that used such a primitive way to improve eyesight were the Ilsters who commonly gave it to their young who struggled with shifting between different facial features- such as eyes- when they didn't mean to.

It was meant to help them stay in control as they learned to use their abilities and most would rid of them when they were about thirteen, the ones with the most potential could even start going without them from ten.

The person at the door had a small case in their hands and grinned widely at a confused Astra before displaying her a clipboard to sign. I forgot to warn her about the signature but it was too late and he was already frowning at the paper.

"New signature change huh, Callaway?" He joked, but I could tell he was a bit more reluctant to hand her the package.

She was quick to save it by giggling and waving him off "Trying something new you know."

"But your famous hair? I never took you for a blonde."

It took me a second, from my position behind the door and out of his sight to see the slight white curl that was poking out of her helmet. I took this moment to step in and wrap my arm around her shoulder affectionately "I helped her dye it this morning."

He looked up at me, before glancing between us "Really? I'd love to see it."

Astra rushed in "Kinda want it to be a bit of a grand reveal you know," She hurriedly tucked the strand back underneath the metal "It's a bit too blinding right now, want' to try out a few more shades before sticking to something you know?"

"Yeah of course!" He nodded, placing the package in her hands "Sorry for what happened this morning," He gestured at me "This is why Doc over here insisted you stay home but no, big bad Sergeant Callahway," He shook his head fondly "Always the hard ass."

I frowned behind my helmet screen, is he in love with Sergeant Callaway?

Astra giggled and playfully slapped his shoulder "You know me!"

My next strange look was given to her.

"Can't keep me away from trouble I guess," She shrugged, before looking down at the box "Remind me what this is again?-" She glanced at the tag on his shirt "Martin."