✦2✦

"Back to the land of the living I, see?" I commented as her eyes began to slowly peel open

"Back to the land of the living I, see?" I commented as her eyes began to slowly peel open. They began drooping as she looked on the verge of passing out again, but I was quick to lean over and pat her cheek firmly "Can't have you going unconscious on me, can I? Open up those eyes."

She weakly raised her right arm to swat away my palm but stopped when her eyes zeroed in on the cuffs strapped on her wrist. A groan left her lips "Stars, I thought that was a nightmare," She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

I shook my head mockingly "No this is your life now, and unfortunately it's mine too, not to point any fingers but this-" I raised up our wrists "Is no fault of mine."

She shrugged "You could've made yourself useful and freed us with the keys," She grumbled.

This caught my attention "Wait are they still on you?" I asked, wondering why I hadn't thought of searching her for them when she was asleep.

"My back right pocket, I would pull them out for you but..." We glanced down at her sling together. I sunk to my knees and reached behind her.

"Lean a bit forward for me," I told her, making her huff and bend over, putting her chin on my left shoulder. I used my upper arms to hold her up whilst my lower ones patted her pockets down. "I don't feel anything."

She pulled away and put her head on my other shoulder "Try the other one."

I stuffed my fist into her left one "Nothing," I breathed disappointed.

I pulled away and she leaned back onto the wooden poll I'd perched her up on. There was a moment of silence until she realized I was staring at her "What? The keys aren't on me, you already know what that means," She stated, digging out the dirt from beneath her fingertips.

My eyes widened "Don't tell me they're-

"With our our ride at the bottom of that canyon? Alright, I won't tell you."

I closed my eyes and fell onto my bum, putting my head in my hands "This just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?' I sighed.

"It seems I'm stuck with you for however long it takes to get us off this," She narrowed her eyes as she took in her surroundings. "Where are we?"

I rubbed the sides of my head to try to relieve myself from a painful incoming headache "Somewhere in the worst galaxy ever," I reminded her, shivering at the thought of being in the milky way.

"No, I mean where are we right now."

I took in the sad excuse for a camp from the torn tarps that were flying in the wind to the scattered supplies. It had definitely belonged to someone...once but it had probably seen much better days. Everything useful was gone but there were a few things lying around that told me whoever did once live here had left in a rush.

"The only evidence of life for miles," I picked up the can of food that I was eating earlier "And here I was thinking we'd been unlucky enough to land on an abandoned planet."