𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

Shooting up in the bunk with a loud gasp, Dominique slightly trembled upon waking up from yet another odd dream. Wiping his forehead that was somewhat drenched in sweat, he looked down and noticed he was still wearing the clothes he showed up to camp in. He didn't even remember dozing off into a deep slumber. Squinting his eyes and looking around the cabin, he noticed everyone still asleep and clearly didn't hear the gasps and heavy breathing he was creating. Looking out the windows, he could see it was starting to get light outside, and could tell it was about 6 in the morning.

Every other week, he noticed this was becoming the norm for him. Having night terrors out of nowhere. With the way things are going and have been going in his life, maybe this was his brain's way of telling him how stressed and depressed he was. He just hate how it makes him have bizarre nightmares about his ain't shit family.

Not wanting to fall back asleep, in fear of starting off from where he left off in the dream land, he just sat up and leaned his back against the bunk. Pulling the sweaty t shirt off, he tossed it towards his legs and began fanning himself, trying to cool himself down. About three different snores were bouncing off the walls from the other guys in the cabin, and it started to irk Dominique.

Finally deciding to separate himself from the noisy and steamy hot area, he slipped on his shoes and slowly stood from the bunk. Walking down towards the door, he quickly opened it and left out from the cabin, the mildly warm weather hitting him along with the light breeze from the trees. Sighing to himself, he continued to try and calm himself down, strolling over and taking a seat at one of the picnic tables.

Not having anything else to do, his eyes just examined the area meticulously, as if he was waiting for something to happen. In the distance, he could see all three cabins which the girls were staying in, but only raised a brow once he seen someone leaving out. Refusing to look away for even a second, it surprised him to see the person walking in his direction, was a dude.

Now what the hell did he have going on?

Dominique watched intensely as the fellow camper treaded pass with a sneer "Boy, it's gone be a good summer." He whistled before snickering to himself.

"I see you starting it off on the right foot." Dominique mumbled and watched as the guy quickly disappeared into his cabin. He started to wonder if that was the same dude with the freakishly amount of playboy magazines in his bag, the sex addict. At this point, it had to be true if he was already sneaking out of one the girls cabins before the sun completely comes up.

Not even 24 hours of being here.

Shortly after, Dominique found himself back inside his cabin too, trying to rest his eyes for at least fifteen minutes. However, he did not wanna fall back asleep. The birds chirping outside were soon drowned out by the tune of a loud trumpet, waking up almost everyone in the cabins.

Dominique smacked his lips as his eyes were still low, in a drowsy manner "I thought they only did that shit in movies." He said to himself in a raspy tone.

"Right? They having too much fun with this shit, acting like we at bootcamp." Chauncey voiced with his eyes squinted.

"Rise and shine!" They heard a male's voice from the window and looked out to see counselor Bobby passing by the cabin.

Fighting to get out of the slightly uncomfortable bed, Dominique found the strength to get up and ready for the day. Being the second one to use the shared bathroom, which was very small, Dominique brushed his teeth, washed his face, and took himself a well needed warm shower. He couldn't wait to wash all that sweat off him, though it was gonna return after whatever activities they were gonna have them doing today. In this hot ass California heat at that.