𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟕, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓
𝟑:𝟎𝟖 𝐚.𝐦

Hearing a couple of thuds caused Chauncey to stir out of his sleep. Fluttering his eyes open for only a second, they were shut once again as he was close to dozing back off that quickly, figuring that his mind was playing tricks on him. The low grunt caught his attention though and he sat up while rubbing his eyes, hearing the sound of heavy footsteps basically stomping around the cabin.

Looking over the top bunk from where he laid, he seen Dominique moving around in the dark in a slow and zombie like way, bumping into almost every bunk in the cabin. The sight spooked Chauncey, because he didn't know what was really going on upon suddenly being woken up from his slumber. All he could see was Dominique maneuvering around while talking to himself, mumbling words he couldn't quite make out.

Slowly and quietly coming down from his bunk, he looked around at everyone else sleeping like babies, who clearly didn't hear a thing. Setting his eye back on Dominique, he seemed to be trying to make his way out of the cabin but the closed door was in his way, as he literally walked into it. He groaned once again and surprisingly reached for the knob, but Chauncey made his way over before he could actually leave.

"Let me go..." Dominique said in his sleep, sounding as if he was pleading with someone.

"Aye man..." He said somewhat low, and grasped onto his shoulder to try and wake him. Clearly that was the wrong thing to do, being that Dominique stumbled back and abruptly wrapped his right hand around Chauncey's throat, startling him even more "YO!" He yelled out this time, snatching Dominique's hand away before his grip could get even stronger.

This caught the attention of at least two other guys in their bunks, waking up like somebody was trying to break into the cabin.

Chauncey shook him this time without a care in the world, prompting Dominique to gasp as his eyes shot open. That only lasted for a second as his eyes rested into a drowsy state again, and he stumbled forward like he was trying to keep his balance "W-whats wrong?" Dominique mumbled.

Chauncey couldn't tell if he was fully awoke yet, being that he was talking with a drawl and his body was somewhat bending over in a droopy manner "You sleep walking bro." He told him, and actually helped him back to his bunk though it took time with Dominique basically dragging his feet like he was chained.

"You scared the shit out of me." One of the guys who woke up stated.

"He scared the shit out of me, walking around and mumbling shit in the dark like he just came from under the bed. I ain't know what the hell was going on." Chauncey told him, as they all watched as Dominique successfully ended up back in his bunk, instantly turning on his side and snoring lightly.

Backing up, Chauncey walked back down and climbed up to his bunk, but didn't fall back asleep. He didn't plan on staying up and watching over the cabin like some kind of security, being that he was tired as hell too, but he actually made sure that Dominique didn't wander out of bed again. He stayed put long enough for Chauncey to doze back off, at least fifteen minutes later, and stayed that way till the sun rose.

The loud trumpet that they all hated, soon awoken them from their sleep as everyone complained like the usual. Dominique rolled out of his bunk feeling a little better at least, thinking he didn't have any interruptions while sleep. He didn't even recall the episode he had a couple of hours ago.

After showering and getting himself ready for the morning, he and majority of the campers made their way to the dining hall for breakfast "Hey Dominique." He heard and glanced over to see a small group of girls at the picnic table outside, waving at him.