𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Waking up a little later than usual, Angel heard the sounds of birds chirping and someone's lawnmower going. It was better than hearing that loud obnoxious trumpet at camp escapade, which she secretly missed a little. It felt good to be back home sleeping in her comfortable bed, in her cozy room, though she was sharing the home with satan's spawn which she sometimes called mother. If not that, then she'd actually call her by her government, Sharon.

Though she was back under the roof, she tried to avoid being here as much as she could. Whether she was outside all day and walking the streets at night, or just coming up with any reason to leave the house. Just last night Angel strolled into the house at almost two in the morning without a care in the world. It's not like her mother was too worried though, she let's her nineteen year old do whatever she wants until it starts to effect her.

Smelling the aroma of breakfast coming from downstairs, that woke her up even more as her stomach started to growl. Raising her arms to stretch and yawn, she removed the comforters before climbing out of bed. Washing her face and brushing her teeth made her feel a little refreshed, before gearing up to actually walk into the kitchen.

Since she's been back home, it's been awkward with just the two of them being here. It'd be days when they'll go a couple of hours without even holding a conversation with one another, but in Angel head that was alright. It wasn't normal at all, but in this household it is what it is. Angel feels it's better than them being at each other's throats over the smallest things, and that causing her anxiety to get the best of her.

Slowly stepping down the stairs, she observed the empty living room and noticed the window was cracked, letting some of the smoke out. The front door was open wide too, letting the brightness of the sun shine through the clear screen door. Glaring at the TV, she saw a rerun of The Nanny playing, hearing Fran Drescher's nasal voice coming through the speakers.

Chuckling at the harsh joke Niles just through out, she continued to the warm kitchen and seen her mother flipping a pancake over the stove.

Clearing her throat a little bit, Angel dragged her feet over to the fridge "It smells good in here." She said aloud, taking out the carton of orange juice.

Her mother, Sharon quickly glanced over her shoulder "Child, I almost forgot you were even here." She mumbled and shook her head.

Angel raised a brow, trying to see if she was serious though both knew she was "Really? Does this mean I don't have a plate for breakfast." She asked as her eyes danced around the kitchen to only see one plate on the countertop.

Sharon sighed to herself before saying "You can have this plate, I'll just make some more." She sounded as if that kind of got on her nerves.

Angel pursed her lips and slowly shook her head "No, it's fine." She lied "You can keep your food, it's what you slaved over the stove for anyway. I'll find me something else to eat." She said though it would've been nice to enjoy a big breakfast. Those pancakes looked good enough to devour.

"Angel, I said you can have my plate. I don't have a problem with making extra."

Extra? She should've made enough in the first place for her child like a normal parent, but sure, she forgot that Angel was even in the house. She felt that it was such a bullshit lie, but she wasn't going to sweat it. She didn't have the energy for games this morning. Sometimes her mother could act like a fake naive five year old, and Angel could always see right through her.

"I'm fine." Angel told her before leaving out of the kitchen anyway with a glass of orange juice, which wasn't going to taste that well since she just brushed her teeth. Some food would've helped her out, but she guess this wasn't the morning for it.