𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟒, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓

"You scared of pussy or something?" Chauncey asked Dominique out of nowhere.

Furrowing his brows at his bizarre assumption, he sat there stuck wondering where the hell that question could've came from "Nigga what?"

Chauncey snickered at his reaction, before going into further detail with his question "The other day, I seen you and one of the girls up there on the cabin roof, looking like a nice little couple. Next thing you know your ass rolling off the roof to dodge the kiss." He told him before laughing even harder, letting him know he peeped everything.

Dominique sighed in embarrassment, thinking nobody saw his massive stumble from the roof top. He feels even more embarrassed for Angel though, being that they had wandering eyes on them while he avoided her advances. He know what that could do to a lady's ego, because he would've felt iffy too if the roles were reversed. He just wasn't ready for it at that moment, so he did what he had to do, which was nearly break his damn back to get away.

After that little odd situation, he hasn't really heard from or seen Angel around like he usually does. He may catch her in the dining hall or field house, sitting with Skai, but whenever they would make eye contact she would quickly look away. Just as she would before they became, friends. Other times he could tell she was trying so hard to keep her distance from him, but it's not like Dominique was trying hard enough to get her attention at the moment. Whenever she would look away or remove herself from the same area as him, he stayed put and didn't run after her.

Dominique knew she wasn't upset with him, especially over something like this. She just felt a little embarrassed and would show it on her face whenever the two would cross paths with each other. He hated how they were acting like strangers again, because he missed speaking with her every day. He missed kicking it with his buddy.

He figured whenever he come across her today, he would have to get a few things off his chest, even if Angel calls herself trying to avoid him. The cold shoulder attitude needed to stop today.

"If I really wanted to kiss her, I would've."

"So why didn't you?"

"I'm not trying to move that fast with her, we basically just started opening up to each other. Kissing on her would mean I got other plans in mind, and we never even discussed feeling each other like that. I just don't think it's the right time for either of us, and think we should just remain friends for a little while."

Chauncey sighed and shook his head "I understand where you coming from, but if her fine ass was trying to french kiss me!..." He trailed off and whistled "I wouldn't have held back."

"I'm sure you wouldn't." Dominique said, cringing a little at his words since he doubt Angel would wanna give him kisses anyway. That was the problem with half the dudes here whenever it came to the girls, they were just trying to have fun with them unlike Dominique. At least it was different with Angel. He wasn't just trying to fuck on her, he wanted to actually get to know her and connect with her on a deeper level.

Being that the camp were going on a field trip for the fourth of july, the campers were all dressed in their matching camp attire. Baby blue shirts so the counselors wouldn't lose anybody. Everyone was excited to get away from the forrest even for a little while, and see other people besides the ones they woke up to for almost a month now. They were going to six flags magic mountain to enjoy some roller coasters and fireworks later that night, being that it beats staying in the woods and looking at the trees for the day.

Entering the dining hall to grab himself some breakfast for the morning, his eyes observed the crowded room that was filled with loud campers. Almost the entire camp was in here trying to scarf down something to eat, since they were going to be heading out to the buses shortly. Getting in line, Dominique stared ahead and noticed Angel a couple of campers ahead of him, just minding her business as she grabbed some waffles.