Chapter 17: Disaster in Padma's Life!!!

Story Unfolds:

At Hastinpaur: In garden of One small Hut:

A beautiful girl of sixteen was seen to look grumpily from her own kitchen garden. She was seen giving water to the plants and talking to the birds. She had even scattered some food grains for the sake of her pigeons. She loved to do that since her childhood. She had love and compassion for not only men but also animals. Her this power of great compassion would later be compared to Maiya Yashoda by Lord Krishna. She was none but the main female protagonist of our story. Devi Padmavati.

  Devi Padmavati (1st Karna wife)

She hummed a little and looked at the chirping of the birds around her. She loved to be merry like them too. But could not. The health condition of her ailing father scared her stiff. Since her own childhood she never get a chance to stay without him. Her father was like her everything. Her friend, Her Guru or mentor and her guide too. Her mother was her universe. Her Goddess. She did not get any good opportunity to be acquinted with her dear big brother Banasen who was 11 yrs older than her. When she was 6, he was already 17 and appointed as the esteemed Charioteer of Prayag King Shandilya. She did not recall his memories too. He seemed very quite and aloof type of boy unlike others of his own age. She was near to her dear parents, never to her elder sibling. But why?!! She could not remember!!

A small sigh escaped her mouth. She felt restless yet calm. As if she knew what was going to happen to her. Her sixth sense was warning her. All along these days.

She felt sad too. She did not get any chance to meet with him. After that day!!! When she confessed her love to him!! In the form of a handkerchief engraved his name (that piece of clothes that Karna received was a handmade handkerchief by her.) She avoided him. In humiliation!!! She was never a very straight forward girl in her entire life. She was ashamed of herself!!! How could she profess her love for him!!! So bluntly!!! What if he refused her!! Her heartfelt love and self-surrender!!! He was still in the mourning mood. For his Baishali!!! You can see she was also not a love expert herself!!! Neither she realized the meaning of his silence!!! Nor he reciprocated his feelings to her!!! She just could not forget Two brown orbs. Two doe shaped hazel eyes!! That had the quality to talk thousand tales with them!!!!

 Two doe shaped hazel eyes!! That had the quality to talk thousand tales with them!!!!