punz

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ ʟɪꜱᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

"i'm really not okay with this," punz had reiterated as foolish went to leave. the brunette hadn't meant to come around, but he had to get a pair of shoes that he had left at his boyfriend's. "this makes me seriously uncomfortable."

"don't think about it," foolish had dismissed with the wave of his hand. "i told you already, it doesn't concern you anymore. i love you, see you tomorrow."

punz had refused to say it back in a childish strop, which had earned him an unamused eye roll before foolish left the apartment, practically slamming the door.

punz wonders if maybe he has taken it too far. he thinks, maybe, that he is the toxic one, as he sits in his car across from the bar his boyfriend is currently inside.

at this point, he isn't even trying to stop it. he just needs to know if foolish will go through with it - he can't live with the uncertainty of maybe, maybe not.

he felt a little crazy as he followed his boyfriend's journey, and he feels closer and closer to psychotic every minute that passes. he's been sitting here for a few hours, in the darkness of his parked car, not even occupying himself as he worries he might miss something. part of him thinks he's doing too much, another part of him thinks it isn't enough.

he thinks about how angry sapnap and karl had been, and their reaction almost makes him feel like he should be in the bar, confronting his boyfriend and publicly leaving him. he can't do that though.

it's humiliating to admit, and he knows that sapnap and karl will never be able to condone it, but punz has already decided the conditions for their relationship. if foolish doesn't do it, punz won't leave him.

maybe that's stupid and ignorant and maybe he's just setting himself up for failure, but that is the bottom line. if foolish comes around and sees the problem with his behaviour, punz sees no reason to leave him. on the other hand, the blond knows he can't possibly continue a relationship with foolish if he leaves with someone else under his arm.

he could never be happy in the relationship knowing the brunette slept with someone else, against his wishes.

when a man in a suit walks out, who punz vaguely recognises as foolish's work friend, he sits up straight in his chair, staring. waiting.

a moment later, a large group follow behind the other man. punz feels frantic as his gaze darts around the people. he recognises a good few of them from work photos that foolish has shown him, and it's evident that this is the group his boyfriend is supposed to be with.

though, as he watches people share hugs and handshakes goodbye, he can't see the brunette he knows so well. when it's evident foolish isn't there, punz finds himself observing each and every female in the group, trying to pinpoint which one could possibly be her. none of them seem to be receiving a particularly large amount of attention either, which doesn't make sense if foolish's fancy is supposedly leaving after today.

the group all start to go their separate ways, scattering off down the road or crossing over to enter cars parked by punz's. the blond slumps in his seat, not knowing how to react to this information.