dream

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ ʟɪꜱᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

dream types out a quick response to an email as he reaches over to take his gym bag from the passenger's seat and gets out of the car. he locks the car after himself and sends off the email, making his way into the gym.

he's not really in the mood to work out today, which is rare for him, but he told himself he shouldn't get out of habit just because of a mildly bad mood. he likes keeping to schedule.

his phone buzzes as he makes his way over to the electric gates but he ignores the notification in favour of opening his gym app and scanning himself into the building. stepping in, dream goes to check what the notification was.

it was tinder, and he goes over to his folder of dating apps to see the little red notification circles over all of them. he has no desire to ever open the messages, so he comes to the conclusion that dating apps just aren't for him and deletes them all as he walks into the changing rooms.

he doesn't want to meet his forever person online, even if that is the most conventional approach in their day and age.

dream arrived already dressed in gym clothes, so all he has to do is push his bag into a locker before he's technically ready to start working out. still, he finds himself pausing for a long moment in the locker room.

this room feels tainted now. every time he's been in here since the moment with punz, it seems like the kiss is all he can think about.

the memories swarm his mind and leave a sour taste in his mouth.

dream hadn't been thinking in that moment and he'd let his desires get the best of him. he knows now that he has ruined everything before it even had a chance to start, as punz hasn't tried to reach him since he ran away that day.

dream isn't sure what exactly he had done wrong, since he was under the impression that their feelings were mutual, but he's come to the assumption that it was all just too fast. it's the only conclusion that makes sense in his mind.

punz clearly wanted something, as their multiple kisses show, but maybe he hadn't wanted the same thing as dream.

really, the older blond should have known it was too fast. punz has hardly been single for a month.

if he's being honest, dream had never had the intention of starting something with his brother's best friend. at the wedding, he really had just intended to walk him home, but something about the awe in punz's expression as he admired a mere slither of dream's tattoo left him breathless.

it was that same look in his eyes that made dream kiss him in the gym the day after.

punz looked at him like something special, like something from a fairytale and, for the first time in his life, dream felt like he was getting the happy ending he had always dreamt of. obviously, that was a bit fast.

dream tries to shake off the dismal thoughts of punz, keeping his mind on his goal. he is supposed to be working out.

the blond locks his locker and leaves the changing room, making his way quickly out to the main gym floor. he's glad to see that most of the treadmills are empty, so he's able to occupy one without having someone else next to him. it's around midday, so he supposes most people are at work.