Chapter 16

𝐃𝐚𝐡𝐥𝐢𝐚 lays on her bed, twirling a strand of her caramel hair with her finger and inevitably regretting what she did with Lucien the other day. She wants to regret it, she wants to feel bad, but it felt so good. No one had ever made her feel that way before, not even her ex-boyfriend, Finn. Lucien was patient, caring, but he was also rough in a way that made her stomach flutter and her head spin. She wants so badly to get rid of her thoughts of him, but everytime she tries to think of something else, he circles back into her brain. 

It may be unnatural for a demon and a human to have sex, it may be immoral, it may even be dangerous, but she didn't care anymore. He made her feel special, wanted. He made her feel safe, and he gave her a sense of security that she'd never even dreamt of having. She thinks about him, of kissing him, of making him feel good the way he made her feel good. She sinks her teeth into her bottom lip, and all sorts of fantasies course through her.

She hides under her covers, and slowly reaches down to the hem of her underwear. She slides her fingers under the thin material, and gasps when her fingers make contact with her wetness. Before she can make any progressions, or bad decisions, the phone starts buzzing on her bedside table. She groans in frustration, and picks it up checking the caller ID. It was Oliver! She quickly accepted the call and his voice rang through her ears, "Dahlia! What's up, milady?" He exclaims, and she can hear the smile on his lips. "Oliver! How are you?" She responds, laughing shakily. He sighs over the line, "Well, I'm done with the recovery and the treatments, so I should be coming back to work soon.", once Dahlia hears this, her eyes widen.

"U-uh, so soon?" She chuckles nervously, and fidgets with her shirt. "Yes, soon." He enunciates, and she almost chokes. Does he know? How could he possibly know? "Well, I can't wait to see you there. We really should grab drinks again, soon, tomorrow maybe." She stammers, and he laughs, "Hell yeah, sister!" He does a small victory chant, and she gulps. "Well, I've got to go, but it was great hearing from you again, Oliver." She says quickly, and he 'awe's jokingly, but she doesn't respond and instead ends the call.

"Fuck!" She exclaims and throws the phone onto her bed. Thoughts race through her head, 'What if he finds out? What if Lucien tells him? What if I get fired from my fucking internship for letting a demon eat me out?!' She thinks to herself, and inhales sharply. She has to tell him tomorrow when they go for drinks. "How can I put it lightly? Maybe I'll wait until he's really drunk to tell him, yeah." She stammers, and then laughs bitterly at the irony.

Dahlia Winslow, once a lonesome, head-strong academic genius, turned sexually provocative for one of the world's most hated supernatural entities. If anyone heard her or saw her in the moment, they'd say she's a lunatic. But the blame shouldn't be on her, Lucien initiated her, and took the lead. And surely, in the underworld, there's just as much stigma surrounding humans and demons as in the human world. Maybe they're similar that way, both simple-minded.

She takes in a deep breath, and decides on a plan. She's planning to show up to work like nothing happened, presume her studies like nothing happened, and go to the bar with Oliver like nothing happened. Except, when they reach the bar, she's going to pay for all of their drinks as a "Welcome-back-gift" on her end, and when he's shitfaced, she's going to tell him everything so that she gets the satisfaction of weight being lifted off her shoulders while still ensuring that he'd forget everything the day after. It was a genius, master-mind plan.

Unfortunately for Dahlia, luck had never been in her hands. She'd just have to tread carefully when that day arrived. Still, her thoughts lingered on Lucien. Now, though, her thoughts alternated between Lucien and Oliver. She felt guilty for doing this to Oliver, she felt guilty for having feelings for Lucien. Guilt, and dread, were the feelings she was most familiar with.