Chapter 17

𝐃𝐚𝐡𝐥𝐢𝐚 uses a papertowel to dry away the sweat on her forehead from overthinking everything that could possibly be overthought. She exhales deeply and tucks her hair behind her ear, preparing to go to work. There are a multitude of possibilities of things going wrong soaring through her brain, but she powers through it the best way she can. She swallows and begins driving.

Once she arrives, her hands shake slightly as she closes her car door. "You got this, Dahlia." She repeats to herself quietly as she walks into the building. She greets Selma politely, who gives her a small smile and a wave, before walking into the dreaded room. She grips her bag tightly, and Oliver practically lurches towards her. "Dahlia, I missed you! You look so pretty today, did you do something different with your hair?" He smiles widely, and she laughs nervously. He moves towards her, and reveals an irritated looking Lucien sat on the gurney behind him.

Dahlia avoids his gaze, or at least tries to, but she can't stop herself from staring right at him. He looks especially good today, most of his scars have healed, and his toned muscles are revealed. "Yes, she looks beautiful." He smirks, but the look in his eyes can only be described as raging jealousy, and It's honestly turning her on.

The brunette woman clears her throat and turns towards Oliver, "So, how's the recovery?" she pesters, desperate to get her mind off of Lucien. As Oliver rambles, the demon looks her up and down from behind him, and Dahlia catches his gaze. She watches as he practically undresses her with his gaze, and she gulps. Oliver finishes his story, and she didn't listen in the slightest. They walk to the demon, Dahlia walking slightly slower on purpose. "Did something happen between you two?" Oliver asks, sensing the tension between them. Dahlia freezes up, and Lucien decides to speak in her place.

"None of your fucking business, choir-boy." He enunciates bluntly, and Oliver furrows his eyebrows. "Alright, fine. Keep me out of the loop." He sighs, throwing his shoulders up in defeat. Dahlia almost sighs in relief, hearing his dismissal of the subject, and she decides to cheer her friend up.

She walks up behind him, and places her hands over his eyes, "Guess who got us on the list for the new bougie ass bar in town." She asks, but it's more like a statement. Oliver lights up, "Mac 
& Mulligan's?!" He shrieks, and she winces slightly at the sharp noise. "Oh my God! How? When?" He claps his hands together, baffled by her surprise. "Consider it an apology for what happened." She chuckles, and pats his shoulder, he grins at her. "Come on, you know that wasn't your fault." He shakes his head.

"Say, I forgot my folder in his cell, could you go get it while I run these results to Gerald's office?" Oliver hums, and Dahlia nods gingerly. It's the least she can do after what she's going to do to him later. He walks out of the room, and Dahlia sighs before walking to Lucien's cell.

To her chagrin, Lucien follows her the whole way there. "I did it for you, you know that right?" He says, leaning against the doorway that's almost too short for him. Dahlia furrows her eyebrows, "What are you talking about?".

"I beat him up, and I put him in the hospital, so I could spend more time alone with you." He explains, shrugging his shoulders. Her eyes almost pop out of her head, "You wh-what?!" She exclaims, looking at him like he grew three heads. He leans her against the wall, putting his arms above her head. "Why are you avoiding me, hm?" He hums, so close that she can practically feel him breathing down her neck. "L-Lucien, please, what if he sees us?" She pleads, goosebumps appearing all over her skin and her arousal growing by the second.

He chuckles darkly, "Let him see us then, I'm sure he'd love to. You know he's got a thing for you, right?" He adds, hovering over her and staring her down. He runs his hands up her torso, she whimpers. "No he doesn't, we're friends." She gulps, panting softly. He attaches his lips to her neck, and begins licking at her soft spot.

"Good, I don't have to kill him then." He smirks against her neck, and his words send shivers down her spine. Would he really kill someone for her? Is he... that jealous? The urge to take all of her clothes off right there grows deeper, but they quickly back off from each other when they hear the door opening.

"Boy, does that man have it out for me!" Oliver exclaims, slamming his papers on the table. He looks between Dahlia and Lucien, narrowing his eyes. "Where's my folder?" He asks, looking down at Dahlia's empty hand. She curses and widens her eyes, "Shit, sorry." She stammers and quickly picks his folder up and hands it to him, her hand shaking. He smiles warmly, "No prob, dog."