EPILOGUE

𝐀 peaceful ten years had passed since the incident. Oliver had been made the rightful owner of Calloway Labs, and he completely renewed it. No longer was it a chamber of unethical, treacherous torture against demons, it became a chamber of education. We would study
demons in depth, not study how to kill them. The serums were passed on to other Science labs, who would go on to destroy them accordingly, leaving but a trace of the smallest caliber that would only represent the teachings that Gerald had implemented on all of us. 

The demon summoning book was donated to the local Demonology Museum, out of mind, yet not quite out of sight. I felt inclined to visit the Museum in my free time, and I would watch the other visitors' faces twist in surprise and awe at the book. It made me feel... at peace, knowing the book wasn't used as a vessel of wrongdoing, yet as an educational experience. Lucien, who stayed by my side through all these years, still tensed up when he would come see me at Calloway Labs. How couldn't he? The things he went through within these quarters were unimaginable. 

Still, despite all their disagreements, and petty feuds, Oliver had made it one of his top priorities that Lucien felt safe and unharmed visiting the newly re-vamped laboratory. Oliver had changed what Calloway Labs was about, and I owed him more than I could possibly fathom. The walls were painted bright colors, the labs were decorated, and all the medical tools once used to torture the demons were destroyed. Lucien's cell was turned into a small library, full of books on ethical demonology practices and demon anatomy. 

Gerald's office was claimed by Oliver, who turned it into his own. Notably, he had bought some of the bean-bags we saw when we visited the hipster brewery that one time, and littered them all over his office. His desk was decorated with various plants and knick-knacks, and the wall art was hand-painted by him. He had also invested in one of those expensive coffee machines, proudly offering me a cup when I went to work. He doesn't know that he's not using the machine correctly, but I'll allow him to realize his own mistakes.

I enjoyed continuing to work at Calloway Labs, but I enjoyed going home even more. When I returned home, the first things I was greeted with were the two small figures running up to me and hugging me until my lungs burned. Two girls, Olivia, and Ruthie. The fruit of my loins. Lucien was an amazing father, too. Despite not showing it much on the outside, he had a caring and gentle nature, and he never failed to make the girls laugh. Nothing warmed my heart more than watching their exchange. 

Everything we have done for the last ten years, has been worth something. Anything. We have managed to change an awful thing for the better. I want to purify the world, or at least, what it means to be a demonologist, just in case my girls want to pursue the same career as their mother. I know now what advice to give them, the advice I wished someone had given me. 

(A/N: dude this may be the shortest epilogue ever but this was suggested by @__Flore_saa)