4

Meerab have day off today.Meerab feels like she is free from any cage.After working for one day and just few hours she looks tired likes a year.She comes to take lunch with Saba.Saba sips lemonade and said;

"Ek hi din mein doctor ne tujhe thaka diya."

"Kitna boring kam hai banda to thak hi jayega.Patient ki sare biodata file karo operation ki date yaad karke note karo blah blah.Mujhe apna kuch yaad nahi rehta kisi aur ka khak yaad rakhu."

"Itna hi thakan mehsos karti ho to ek kam karti hu tumhari doctor ke pas jake bolti hu humari Meerab ke liye ek queen size bed aap ki cabin pe shift kar dena.Thora sa chai nashte ka bhi intezam karna.Aram kar karke bechari kam kar legi."Sabe said that teasing voice.

"Yeh baat sahi boli.Khan saab ki cabin kafi bara hai.Ji karta hai ek stove ybithao aur sath mein coffee station bhi.Mera bas chale to ghar basalu waha pe."Meerab said.

Saba comes little near to Meerab and said;

"Doctor ke sath ghar basale.Phir kam boring nahi lagega."

Meerab wides her eyes and said;

"Astagfirullah!Shadishuda bhi ho sakte hai."

"Agar na huye to kya ek chance marogi apni doctor pe."Saba winks at her.

"Bilkul nahi.Mujhe apne liye bhola bhala sa shohar ki jarorat hai kharus nahi chahiye."

_________________________________

Murtasim comes to this restaurant with his sister Mariyam.Need to spend some time with sister before going away for a long time.He loves his sister very much even if he can't express it.

Mariyam called the waiter and ordered a set menu for two. The two are sitting side by side and talking. They are smiling a little. And the other side Meerab is looking at them with narrow eyes.Saba also looking at that direction.Meerab has already informed her that the man is sitting in the front table,he is the doctor.

Meerab said;

"Kaha tha married hai mil gaya aab sabot."

Saba replied;

"You are right."

Meerab again said while looking at them;

"Dekha kaise has has kar baat kar raha hai aur mere sath jab baat karta hai to alfaz bilkul karela jaisa bana deta hai."

Saba sain in pitiful voice;

"Hai Allah Meerab ka ghar basne se pehle hi tot gaya.Bechari ki kismat mein yeh likha tha."

Meerab hits her with menu card and said;

"Bakwas band kar."

Saba control her laughing.

Murtasim and Mariyam is eating while talking with each other.He has a delicate smile on face.He doesn't want to look serious in front of his sister.After eating,Mariyam took a selfie by hugging her brother.

Meerab was drinking cold drink.Suddenly got hiccough after seeing this scenario.She is just coughing and coughing.The sound of his cough echoes throughout the restaurant.Many of the guests attention is towards Meerab and Murtasim's too. Seeing from a distance,he didn't make a single mistake to recognise her.Meerab takes the menu card and hide her face but could not escape herself from Murtasim's fierce eyes.

_________________________________

At one in the night,Meerab gets interrupted by a call from an unknown number at one in the morning while her attention was on the Series.

"Hello kon?"

"Aap ki ammi ko phone dijiye."

Meerab check the number and again put her ears and asked;

"Kon ho tum aur meri ammi se kya kaam hai?"

"Aap ko itna janne ki jarorat nahi.Apni ammi ko phone de."

"Kyun du ammi ko call?Meri maa ko saas banane ka irada hai.Dekho tum jo bhi ho agar irada aisa hai to meri maa ko din ki ujale mein call karna.Raat ki andharon mein churo ki tarha nahi."

There was no answer. There was silence on the other end of the phone.

"Sharam nahi aati raat ko call karke ladki ko cherte huye.Badmash kahi ka."

He breathed heavily and said in a heavy voice;

"It's Murtasim here."

Her brain fused has blown immediately.Why is this guy calling her mother so late at night? And where did he get the number?

Meerab said in a fearful voice,

"Ammi se kya kam hai?"

"Raat ko kitne baje hai?"

"Ji ek."

"According to the chart lunch mein aap kiya khaye?"

Meerab hesitant and said;

"Chicken fry,french fries and fried rice."

Murtasim said in anger tone;

"Aap ko pata nahi ke aap ko acidity bhi hai aur woh bhi extrem level ki.Mana kiya hai na jyada oily food khane se.Kaal jab aap phir bimar parenge to apki ammi to mujhe yehi bolenge maine thik se treatment nahi kiya."

He paused a while and said;

"Abhi tak jage huye kyun hai?Aap ki wait gain ke liye healthy food plus proper rest ki jarorat hai.Bola tha na pehle 10 baje se subha 5 baje tak aap ki sleeping time hai."

"Mein to sohi gayi thi.Bas aap ke calls se neend khul gayi."

"Really!Awaz sunke to aisa bilkul nahi lag raha.Jhoth bol rahi hai na aap?"

Meerab became silent.Her lies is not working even if it is arranged so beautifully.His look in the restaurant should have known that a storm was ahead.

"Age se khud ke dyan rakhungi."

"Mein bhi yehi chahti hu aap thik rahe aur fit bhi.Bar bar bimar na pare.Ok good night."

Meerab cut the call and thinks which doctor calls in the middle of the night and treats the patient like this?Does he treat all patients the same way or this treatment does only with her?

________________________________

Day after night,night after day. Continuity continues. Time runs at its own pace. Today is the tenth day of Meerab's work.In these few days,she has tried to adapt to the work in many ways.She is getting success too.She tries to talk with Murtasim normallyBut he has not changed a bit. Since his sister and mother left,his mind is more depressed.But he is responsible for his work.

"Mujhe chutti chahiye Sir."After fighting with herself for a long time,finally Meerab able to say.

"Kyun?"

"University mein newcomer ke liye program rakha hai."

"Attend karna jarori hai?"

"Hmm."

"Abhi abhi join kiya aap ne to abhi chutti kaise mil sakta hai."

"Mujhe hosting ki responsibility mili hai.Mein hi agar na jau to kaise chalega."

"Thik hai program ke baad direct yaha aa jayega."

"Program khatam hote hote raat ho jayegi."

Meerab is afraid to see Murtasim's cold gaze.It's seems strange How does this guy look.She does not understand,he is not agreeing or he is getting angry.Meerab is not wise enough to read the language of the eyes.She bowed her head at his sight.She is wondering if she he will ask again or not? Before that,Murtsim says,

"Ok karle program attend."

__________________________________

Eagerly waiting to hear your feedback.