Chapter 15

I wandered in the castle until I finally just gave up trying to find my room. I sat in the hallway in the corner legs against my chest head between my knees.

I don't know how long I sat there.

"So this is where you are."

I didn't look up to see the person. I knew who it was but I didn't speak back to the king.

"Seems like you had a rough day. I heard what happened. Sucks." He dragged the S.

I didn't respond. I felt something touch my hair and before I knew it, he was lifting my head.

His face was barely visible due to my blurry vision he smiled a little his red eyes seeming tense.

"You snotted all over yourself."

I didnt say anything.

"There is no need to cry. I'm sorry you had to go through that but I promise you, it will never happen again."

I still said nothing.

He sighed. "Will you at least talk to me?"

I couldn't form words.

He sighed again and picked me up.

I didn't care. I just stared at nothing as he started walking. I was laid on a bed.

"I'll be right back. You can sleep with me tonight."

I stayed on my bed closing my eyes feeling my face get hard and disgusting. I heard water and

knew he was about to force me to take a shower or bath.

He sat beside me on my bed.

"Come on. Let's get you cleaned up. All the blood is making you smell weird."

I stood and took the bath in silence. I found cloths on the sink once I was done. I put them on noticing it was guys clothing. My face was only a bit bruised but I knew how bad the damage he inflicted was even when I didn't see it. I touched my face for a brief moment and swallowed. I looked away from the mirror but I saw how bad I looked. It's not normal for black people to look grey.

"Come, let us find you some new cloths."He laughed." They don't fit you at all."

I followed him without shoes wearing a guys shirt. We walked the halls maids bowing respectfully to us.

"I've noticed that you are being really silent...am I not worth talking to?"

I said nothing.

"You know, I am the one in power here. You are under me. Those were questions."

Right. That's all I am here. I'm just trash and garbage. I have to start acting like it too.

"Forgive me." I muttered.

He sighed and chuckled lightheartedly."That's better. You're talking, it's nice to hear your voice...I think it's about time. Are you comfortable right now?"

"Yes sir." I croaked.

"Good let's eat something. You have an appetite?" He asked cheerfully.

"I don't know." I mumbled watching the black carpet.

He grabbed my chin and stared intensely in my eyes all humor gone from his features."The answer is yes. Yes you are hungry."

"Okay."

He sighed and led me into a fancy looking kitchen with a bunch of maids and butlers occupying it.

There was a long line of cabinets and about four white stoves. A long rectangular counter sat in the middle leaving plenty of space on either side of it.