Chapter 24

My eyes opened and I touched my moist eyes confused.

"Glad you're awake."

I sat up in my bed confused trying to remember when I got here. I know I was looking out the window before. Did I move? I don't remember-

Pain hit the back of my head as a hand slammed me across it.

I glared at Drake annoyed.

"Ow!"

"Get the hell up."

I held my head but felt the familiar tingle go over my skin. Am I healing?

"Get up now!" He shouted.

I shot out of bed falling to my face and down the few stairs." Ow!" I exclaimed rolling back and forth on the floor." I'm dying! Help me Jesus!"

"Get up brat. If you don't want to get changed that's fine with me."

I screamed as I was lifted from the ground and thrown over his broad shoulder. He exited my room walking through the hallway with a screaming kicking me. "At least let me get my shoes!"

"You wasted time so, no."

I screamed louder but stopped giving up. I knew it wasn't helping. Not only that people were coming through the hall looking at me weird.

I endured his crazy training glad he was only having a few of his best students demonstrate. He also told me a schedule I would have to follow to build up my stamina.

I listened intently after he told me how building my body up would help me control my powers better. I was tired of my powers slipping all the time and making me go through all that pain.

After practice, I took my leave and walked aimlessly through the hall trying to figure out where I was.

A familiar voice sounded behind me making me turn around.

"I've come to save you lost puppy."

I smiled at Lloyd but put my hand on my hip." I need to talk to you. Why on earth did yo-"

"Because I'm his father. It's called tough love."

He opened his arms wide but I held my hand out like a crossing guard." Don't touch me."

He frowned, his bottom lip poking out as he clearly started pouting. "Why not? Why can't I hug my cute little daughter? Give daddy a hug. I have a heart you know. I need love and affection too."

"Not until you apologize to him."

Lloyds pout mode fell as his eyes appraised me completely serious." And why should I do that?"

"Because I said so. I'm trying to get information out of that guy and even though it's difficult you're messing up my chances."

His eyes narrowed dangerously." I'm the one who's helping that disappointment."

My eyebrows connected."Stop saying that about him. If he is your son, how can you call him that? Why are you being like that?"

He didn't say anything still glaring at me. All his playfulness vanished leaving behind something frightening. 

My mind fuzzed and I felt a sense of déjà vu as my mouth moved on its own." You're red eyes look creepy. I don't like seeing you like that."

He smiled for a brief second and got on one knee. He grabbed my hand and kissed it then looked up at me from under his eye lashes." I'm sorry I've ruined my image."

My head started to ache painfully as the dream played over in my head. I gasped as I realized that wasn't just a dream.

Lloyd stood releasing my hand." But you didn't hear that from me. You figured it out on your own." He turned from me and started walking away.