Chapter 21

I walked into the weight room. The machinery looked difficult lined one after the other. A section for weights sat on my right with the numbers going from 15 to 20 to 45. The walls were nothing but mirrors reflecting my image back to me, which had me a bit discouraged. The smell of rubber inched its way into my nose. Far in the corner of the room, I watched Kory pull water from a water bottle over his head. He shook his hair out of his face.

I felt drool fall at the sight of it. Why didn't he just drink the water to cool off like a normal person? I want to try that and see if I could look that good. I doubt that'll happen though. I fixed my face after he turned his calm gaze on me.

I stared at him afraid he would be angry with me like earlier. "Hi. I see you're working out."

"Yes."

What else should I say? I don't know. He doesn't seem mad. I wouldn't want him to get mad. I should compliment him and get out. "You're getting stronger." I kissed at him and winked getting it over with.

His mouth dropped and the look of surprise on his face was so cute. I grinned content. "Well, see you later." I turned walking stiffly out. That was absolutely hilarious. I don't know why I felt so nervous at first.

His face was priceless. I'll never forget that. I tried not to giggle aloud. I couldn't wait to tell the girls what just happened.

I stepped into the hallway. No one there. Where did they go? How could they just leave me?! They said they were going to wait for me! Heat hit my back and the shadow over me indicated Kory had followed me.

I turned and looked up at him. "What?"

His green eyes stared into mine. "What the hell was that?"He demanded.

"What was what?" I asked feigning innocence.

He kissed and winked at me then licked his bottom lip. "That."

"Hey." I shouted pointing my index at his chest. "I didn't lick my lips!" I averted my gaze the moment playing repeatedly in my head. My stomach did a strange clench and I looked back up to him. I watched his mouth shyly remembering their comment about him wanting my lips.

Stop looking at his mouth its weird. Then again, no one asked him to go around licking his lips all-weird like.

He shook his head a bit rolling his eyes. "That's not the point. What was the other stuff?"

I took a moment to answer."I can't tell you that."

"You can't tell me?" He put his hand to his chest and shifted his weight to his other foot. A lopsided smile filled his lips."I'm hurt."

My heart reacted to his smile. I looked away again and took a step away from him wondering if I should just figure out how to get back to my room. I'm tired of being lost in this castle."You don't seem hurt." I muttered when he took a step towards me.

"The heart hides."

I watched him. He's not angry anymore. That's good. "Where does it hide?"

His smile fell from his face his expression completely serious again."I can't tell you that."

"I should have known. You can't tell me anything." I grumbled annoyed.

One side of his mouth curved upward a bit of his teeth showing. "I could but that wouldn't be any fun now would it?"

I looked him up and down. "So you like confusing me?"

"I can't answer that." He turned his back to me but turned to face me again. "Still not going to explain why you kissed at me?"