Chapter 4: Jealousy in the Air

December 13th, 2021
Location: The Garage
Tony's POV

Like the day before, Tony woke up freezing, which put him in a pissy mood. Tony and the rest of the crew met at the airport garage and all of them could tell that they didn't need to bother Tony. It also didn't help that Shashi was being awfully close with Layla.

Without the help of the others, Tony got everything loaded on the plane to the Artic, which he was dreading on going. Honestly, if there wasn't a crisis going on that could possibly ruin the country, Tony would shoot himself in the leg so that he wouldn't have to go.

"Toretto, are you good?"

Layla's voice asked as Tony shivered from the cold in the garage. He wished the garage had a heater, or if it did, that it worked. He had a blanket wrapped around his body as he waited for the others to get their crap together.

"P-peachy."

Tony chattered as he sunk deeper into the couch. He stared straight ahead at one of the windows of the garage as he felt Layla sit down next to him. She put her hand on his, and he loved how warm it was. Tony quickly grabbed her hand and put it against his cheek.

"Damn, your hand is warm."

"Yeah, and you're freezing."

Layla commented as Tony snuggled closer to her, trying to stay warm.

"What's going on in here?"

Echo asked as she and the others stared at Tony and Layla, making strange faces about them sitting close to each other.

"Nothing, Echo. Toretto is freezing and my hands are warm. It's not whatever the hell y'all are thinking."

Layla explained, rolling her eyes as the trio continued snickering at them. Tony didn't care as he was still freezing, and Layla was helping him get warmer.

"Well, all jokes and relationships aside-"

Both Tony and Layla shot Cisco a glare when he said 'relationships'.

"We're ready to get going when you two are."

Cisco finished the sentence after he laughed at Layla and Tony glaring at him. Tony sighed as he stood with the blanket still around him and quickly headed to the safety of the plane so he could try staying warm in there. The bad thing was that the plane had just turned on, so it was still freezing on board.

"Damn it."

Tony muttered as he plopped down into one of the seats. The plane was a small charter jet that Mrs. Nowhere purchased for them. Only 8 seats were available. There was no pilot, so Tony checked and noticed that autopilot was installed. He wasn't sure about an autopilot, but he trusted Nowhere, somewhat...

The rest of the crew boarded the jet, awing at the interior. Everyone's luggage was loaded in the cargo bay, so they were ready for takeoff. Layla sat across from Tony and stared at him as he curled up into the soft-cushioned chair. Echo and Shashi sat in the seats on the other side while Frostee and Cisco sat in the chairs behind Layla.

"How ya doin', Toretto?"

Layla asked as she watched Tony shake. He didn't bother to answer as he closed his eyes, feeling the plane turning its engines on and readying itself for takeoff.

"Please fasten your seatbelts."

A robotic voice spoke over the speakers. Everyone complied, except Tony. He was only partially asleep, but he didn't feel like moving. Tony groaned as he pulled his blanket over his head, feeling the jerk of the plane as it started taking off.