Chapter 3: Anger Managment

December 12th, 2021
Location: Tony's House
Tony's POV

Tony woke up around four in the morning. He tried for a while to fall back asleep, but with no luck. Finally, around 4:30, Tony got up and got dressed. He didn't feel like eating breakfast. No clue why he didn't feel like eating, but he didn't.

Tony sat in the living room for a good while, thinking about what he was going to do. Honestly, he felt like going to the garage to just... do something. He didn't know what, but he'll do something.

Tony snuck out of his house without waking his sister, making sure to leave a note so that she knew where he ran off to. On the way to the garage, Tony realized that today was the worst day for him not sleeping well. His patience was going to be short, and he was going to have to deal with Shashi. Even better for his mood.

The best thing Tony would be able to do is stay away from Shashi and anyone that could possibly piss him off. In fact, anyone might be able to piss him off. Tony slammed his hand on the wheel and took a deep breath. He needed to calm down before he snapped at someone.

Tony made it all the way to the garage and went inside, yawning as he tried to get his eyes to adjust to the light in the room.

"I know, Palindrome, but we got to get going. Another agent is supposed to meet us at the plane to assist us."

Mrs. Nowhere's voice rang out throughout the garage. Tony groaned, knowing that he just walked into something that could potentially make him lose his job if he wasn't careful with his attitude.

"Tony? What are you doing here?"

Gary appeared off to Tony's side, walking up to him. He patted Tony's back and looked at his tired eyes.

"Did you come here early?"

"Naw, I just woke up and couldn't fall back asleep."

Gary gave Tony a concerned look but couldn't say anything as Tony walked up to Mrs. Nowhere and Palindrome.

"What's up with you two?"

Tony asked, getting surprised looks from both of his bosses, but they didn't ask why he was there.

"We're just talking about the mission and what all we need, but we really need to get going because another agent is going to join us."

"I see. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"No, we're just about to get going-"

"Excuse me, are you Mrs. Nowhere and Mr. Palindrome?"

Tony turned around and something about the man in front of him made his adrenalin spike. There was something about the man that made his anxiety go through the roof.

"Yes, we are. Who are you?"

"Special Agent John Diesel. Nice to meet you all."

Mrs.Nowhere's POV

John Diesel seemed like an okay guy, but Mrs. Nowhere noticed something off about Tony. Ever since Diesel walked in, Tony had been acting like he was on guard. Like he didn't trust Diesel already.

Mrs. Nowhere was about to chalk it up to that Tony was being paranoid, but the way he was watching Diesel's every move was making her think otherwise. He didn't even do that with Shashi.

"Well, why don't we get going?"

Diesel said, motioning towards the door.

"Sure..."

Mrs. Nowhere slowly answered. Diesel nodded and walked outside. Nowhere glanced at Tony, watching him. She was concerned about leaving him alone with Shashi, but she also knew that Tony could take care of himself.