Chapter 9: Blame the enemy

Alessandro's POV

After my sister's words, I find myself striding toward the dungeon where Mother is supposed to be because there is no way that can be true.

No fucking way in hell.

Anger and fear ripple through me as I exit the elevator, storming towards her cell.

My breathing is heavy and ragged, each step echoing loudly against the concrete floors.

I hurry, a bit nervous, to confirm if my sister is right despite the possibility of her being wrong.

Manically, my eyes scan the cell while being a few feet away, and my steps slow when I realize Mother's cell is fucking empty, and the gate that was supposed to be locked is fucking wide open!

Fuck no.

From the sight, my fists clenched, a set of rage burning through my veins, my teeth gritting. "Fuck!" I hiss ferociously, sending my fist into the wall next to me, leaving a massive crack.

The fury that ripples me is beyond just a baby punch to a damn wall. I should be burning down a fucking building now!

Running my fingers through my hair, I gaze at the cell, shaking my head with worry, wrath, and frustration.

Fuck...

The weight of saving Adriana is already stressful and terrifying. Now, the realization that she is in even greater danger is haunting. Add to that the news of my mother's escape, and it is a horrifying scenario that drives me to the brink fucking madness.

My mind is on a fucking roller coaster!

Not only I should worry about my princess being a captive to her psychopath father, but my mother and what she will do when she is out.

What she has in store for us...for me.

It is no secret that mother wants revenge and to kill me, which means she can hurt my sister and who else?

My stomach tightens at the thought, considering how sadistic my mother is and to fucking think that we have nothing in common.

Fuck me.

What makes me so fucking mad is how the fuck did she escaped?

She was locked inside the cell and guarded twenty-four-seven, and no one would dare to open the cell without my consent.

Unless...

My hand runs over my mouth as I take a deep breath remember seeing Rossi here earlier.

It fucking has to be him, no one else.

He is already an enemy and still wants to end me. It must be him.

Rossi is working with my mother. There is no other explanation. He is fucking working with my fucking, bitch mother.

Suddenly, I recall Mother mentioning she had help from a guy who sought one thing in return. And what they both wanted was my fucking death.

Nobody in this world wants me dead as much as that man upstairs and my mother!

Gritting my teeth and clenching my fists, I storm towards the elevator just as it opens, revealing the bastard Rossi.

Without hesitation, I tightly grasp hold of him, my hands gripping his throat and hurling him into the wall, eliciting a loud groan from him.

My eyes darken as I narrow them at his mercilessly, my gaze demanding answers-nothing but the fucking truth.

"Where. Is. She?" My voice demands, hands gripping his throat tighter, the color draining from his face immediately.