Chapter 12: Love

"I-I did it for all of us," I quietly say, looking at him with a softer tone. His hand slips from my face, and I ache for it to be against me. "Alessandro," I utter involuntarily, weakened by seeing him, and sudden regret fills me as I recall breaking him unintentionally; I never meant to hurt him. I love this man beyond words.

All I want is to be in his strong arms, to feel his love. He's the light to my darkness, the reason my heart beats. He completes my world, the sun of my day, and the water of my sea.

He means everything to me.

He means the world to me.

His strong smell overwhelms me, making it hard to breathe as I approach him closer, resisting the urge to collapse at the sight of the man I love, craving the comfort of his strong embrace and reassuring words.

Our eyes meet after tracing the contours of his beloved, towering figure, finding ourselves lost, held, and deeply loved.

Everything I've ever craved in love- affection, devotion, passion, and romance- is vividly reflected in his bright blue eyes.

God, the way he looks at me melts my insides and holds onto my heart. His heart. Mine is his, and his is mine.

I am his now and forever.

Without a second thought, I collide with the familiar, sturdy torso I've longed for, sighing in contentment and relief at the feel of him.

My eyes instinctively close, overwhelmed by the sudden comfort as his arms swiftly lift me from the floor, and I tightly encircle him with my arms and legs, savoring the embrace I've missed so much.

The man I had always loved and will forever love.

Tears escape my eyes uncontrollably; I've missed every part of him. His touch, affection, care, and the reassurance in his soothing voice.

Silence envelops us like a quiet melody, with only my faint sniffles and the rhythmic beats of my heart pounding through.

At this moment, we both acknowledge the longing and the chance to reclaim what was missed. Our love.

His face nestles into the crook of my neck, and he breathes me in deeply, holding me tightly, ensuring the safety of our unborn child.

It feels so good thinking that.

Our baby.

His deep, guttural voice, a familiar melody I've longed for, resonates as he confesses against my skin, sending waves of electricity through my veins, "I never stopped loving you, baby." His words send shivers down my spine, melting my heart and stirring my insides.

I tighten my embrace, yearning to feel him completely. All of of him. I am so obsessively in love with this God that if I could be in his skin, I would. To feel him as much as I could.

As I attempt to express my great love, he gently shushes me, his hot breath liquefying my skin. "Do not let me go, baby," he whispers, holding me tightly against his firm chest, and I comply.

I promise I won't.

You're my everything, Alessandro D'perio, all I've ever needed.

In our own world outside the base, time seems to stand still. My focus is solely on him, and his on me. "I won't," I promise tenderly, my heart thrashing wildly for him.

Wrapped in his affectionate embrace, I lose track of time.

Time has stood still for us.

We've been holding each other for what feels like an eternity, unwilling to let go.