Chapter 10: Hope

Alessandro's POV

"Boss, here is the footage you asked for," one of my soldiers speaks, walking towards where I sat around my desk inside my study. He uses his computer to pull up surveillance from the front part of my house.

I need to see who helped my mother escape.

The screenplays from when we left, but nothing happens, making me scrunch my face in confusion. "Play in the morning when Rossi came in," I speak gutturally, still skeptical about him. I never trusted that guy and never believed anything he ever said.

My soldier does exactly that. We see when Rossi arrives, and one of my soldiers lets him in, possibly thinking he was here because of Adriana being missing.

He enters my house, and minutes fly by with nothing happening. My soldiers skip through a few parts to where the action was supposed to happen, but instead, it comes up blank.

A black fucking screen.

"Check the other cameras," I order, knowing there are other cameras with different angles.

A sigh leaves my lips as I see that the screens for each are also blank. Whoever did this (who I suspect is Rossi) knew what they were doing, but let me assure you, whoever they are, I am going to find them.

I stand from my desk and wipe my nose in frustration, walking from the room, my blood raging and boiling like a pot of hot water.

My cell rings, and I grab it from my pocket, answering and waiting to hear Ares speak.

He better have some good news.

"Alessandro!" The fucker on the other end yells, making me lift my cell from my ear, not wanting to go fucking deaf.

"If you forget, Ares, my cell has a perfectly fine speaker that I can hear clearly through. You do not need to fucking damage my eardrum. What were you saying?" I question, unbuttoning my dress shirt with my other hand so that I could go have a cold fucking shower that could keep me calm, as my mind feels as if it is going to fucking implode, my eyes burning and my stomach empty.

I have not eaten in days, nor have I had any sleep. Not with what has been going on and driving me to the brink of insanity.

I keep quiet and wait for Ares's reply while he eagerly breaths through the cell.

"Surveillance picked up on Adrienne's father. He's hiding at an old club a couple of hours from here. The surveillance picked up everything. He's in there hiding with your girl, and we are going to find her."

My body freezes in place, my hand mid-way into pulling the last button of my shirt, and a deep, shaky breath bursts from my lips.

Relieved to hear that, my body relaxes from the heartwarming words, my eyes sliding shut with optimism and alleviation, my heart feeling as if it had been restored for the first time in a while.

I hope it will not be ripped apart again. Ever.

God, I am so glad my princess if fucking coming home...it does not matter which home as long as she is safe and okay.

It would hurt less knowing she is safe and happy.

My eyes open as I speak, not bothering to worry about facing her for the first after everything, "I am on my way. Gather the soldiers. We are bringing my girl home."

***

My eyes watch as all my soldiers get their gear together for what is about to go down. Reloading guns, wearing vests, and gathering supplies in the cars and trucks.