Chapter 17: Kicks

One month later

"Where is he going!" Screams Ares, his hands worryingly on his head while he anxiously watches the TV, his eyes bulging from their sockets.

A giggle leaves my lips as I watch him lose his mind over a movie.

A goddamn movie.

"Please sit and relax," I whine with annoyance, tossing a handful of popcorn on him, which he starts to grab and eat.

Ares decided to stay home with me since Alessandro was busy, and both were too worried to leave me alone, even with Giana here. No matter how many times I tell them I'm fine being here alone, especially with Giana, the maids, and guards here twenty-four-seven.

"Come on, how could this not make you mad?" He asks, glancing at me, setting his hands on his waist like a mother, like how I hold my waist when mini-me chooses to turn, kick, and do whatever causes me so much pain.

Being pregnant is so difficult. I've peed like a trillion times, and the worst part about it is having to go to the restroom so many times when I can hardly walk, all bloated and in pain.

And how can I forget about peeing myself a few times? Because I did, and it's so embarrassing.

Most of the time, I can't even help myself do anything because of my large stomach making everything so difficult.

Despite the challenges, I am very proud to become a mom, and I love my baby girl to the moon and back. I can't wait to see her grow up.

I can't wait for the beginning of my little one's journey.

A chuckle leaves my lips, and I shake my head at him. "I am mad, but not like you are. You're a volcano erupting, man, and because of what? A damn cartoon!" I laugh at him, watching Nemo.

"I mean, who wouldn't?" He asks, throwing himself down on the couch, I laugh at him, tossing some popcorn into my mouth before taking a sip of my orange drink.

"Oh!" I flinch when my baby girl decides to send her foot into my gut. Ares quickly turns to look at me with a worried expression. "She kicks like a man!" I huff before quickly taking a breath when another kick happens.

"Oh...does it hurt?" He asks, and I turn to look at him in disbelief.

"No, Ares! Because you didn't just hear me cry out!" I jokingly facepalm myself, looking at him staring at my large stomach.

"Oh, I didn't know...uh, she kicks a lot..." he mumbles out, and I watch as he scratches his neck, struggling for words, making me curious and confused. "I-she... well, you-know..."

"Ares, what do you want?" I laugh, shaking my head and watching as his face becomes beet red, making me curious and more confused.

"You know, I was wondering... you see if it is possible, but I understand if it's not. I mean, why wouldn't it be possible? You are my friend, my best friend, but don't tell Alessandro, okay?" He looks at me, and I nod, finally picking up on what he's saying.

"Do you want to touch my stomach?" I ask, giggling, watching as he quickly nods, his face red like a tomato. "Boy, what was so hard to ask!" I laugh, grabbing his hand and placing it on my bulging stomach.

He is so lucky because she stopped kicking when he was struggling to ask before she began again.

"Holy shit..." he gasps, his eyes nearly popping out of his head, making me laugh. "This is amazing-" The door opens and closes, and he quickly removes his hand from my stomach when Alessandro steps inside the living room and I laugh, watching Ares rub his neck nervously. "I wasn't doing anything!" He yells, looking guilty, making me snort at his giveaway.