16. THE VICTORIA AFFECT

CHAPTER SIXTEEN. The Victoria Affect.

    SMOKE DRIZZLED around Tony and Victoria as they shared hushed, flirtatious conversations between one another while surrounded by an empty room

SMOKE DRIZZLED around Tony and Victoria as they shared hushed, flirtatious conversations between one another while surrounded by an empty room. A party was still very much alive downstairs, but after her conversation with Freddie, Victoria ignored everyone else and immediately rushed Tony upstairs for their own time alone. She couldn't bare another second with anyone else, all she wanted in the moment was him.

An hour had passed since she had last seen anyone. She was so caught up in Tony being back, she didn't care about her birthday anymore. All she cared for was having Tony back in her presence with his alluring attitude and snarky remarks, something she had missed far too much.

A laughter had flourished throughout the room after Tony had made an amusing joke, rattling Victoria's contagious laughter. The smoke from her mouth cascaded out of her lips, a vague cough following behind. She hadn't felt this light in ages. It was wonderful.

"Okay," Tony swallowed his laughter, turning to face Victoria by the neck, while keeping the rest of his body completely straightforward, his leg occasionally bumping against her own. Their shoulders rested against one another, their body temperatures creating a burning heat around them. "We need to talk." Tony suddenly got serious, catching Victoria off-guard.

Clearing her throat, she cocked her head to the side, her doe eyes batting up to his glowing blue irises. "About what." She said in a monotone voice.

"Those boys." He nodded his head toward her bedroom door. "The ones I met downstairs." He explained further on so Victoria could fully understand. Tony watched as she uncomfortably shifted, her eyes flickering everywhere but him.

"We don't need to-"

"Yes, we do, Vic." He shook his head. "I may be your ex-boyfriend, but I'm also your best friend." He collected her one hand that rested in her lap, winding their fingers together. Victoria inhaled hesitantly, squeezing onto Tony's hand gently, in a way to reassure her. She needed to have this conversation with someone. She was stranded in the middle of a road, at this point of her life. She had two paths to take, and she didn't know which one to follow. Maybe Tony would be the one to help her navigate this confusion.

"Listen," He ran a hand through his dark brown hair. "I know you aren't good with taking about your feelings, Vic. But I can tell this is freaking you out." Tony paused. "You love them."

"What?" Her voice raised, staring at Tony with wide eyes. "I don't love them Tony, I- I just am, confused..." She muttered. "I barely know a thing about them."

"Okay, sure, you don't love them." He rolled his eyes. "But they love you."

"No, they don't." She shook her head. "They're just confused. I'm a- a buffer for their actual feelings. They love Effy, not me."