The off days

"Rex!" Fives shouted so loudly that half the barracks could hear him.

"What's so important that you interrupted my coffee?" Rex looked at him with a tired face as he took a sip of dark brown liquid from his cup.

"I just heard that the 212th battalion will be joining us for a few days," Rex nodded for Fives to continue. "So I was thinkin' maybe we could have a party or somethin'. What do you think?"

"That actually sounds great."

"Okay, I'll let the boys know." Fives turned around and walked away.

Ahsoka was lying on her bed and was staring at the ceiling. Her face was wet with tears. It has been three days since she returned from Wasskah, where Trandoshans hunted her like an animal. She tried everything to forget what she's been through. But all her efforts failed.

She heard knocks at the door. "Come in!" she called, sitting up quickly and wiping her tears.

"Commander," the door opened and she saw Rex. "General Skywalker sends you this holotape."

Ahsoka tried to avoid looking at him while taking the tape. She knew Rex would notice she was crying.

"Are you okay?" Rex asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Ahsoka gave him a fake smile.

"You don't look fine."

"I said I'm fine!" Hoping he wouldn't notice the tears forming in her eyes again, Ahsoka turned away from him.

"I- I'm sorry, Commander." Rex apologized. Ahsoka realized she had raised her voice at him.

"No, I'm sorry I yelled, Rex, I'm still recovering from the last few days."

"I understand, Commander." She heard Rex turn around but he didn't walk away. She sensed his presence behind her. He was unsure about something.

"What is it, Rex?"

"Just...if you need distraction, come to the barracks tonight."

"What?" Ahsoka wasn't sure she understood.

"Oh, I didn't... I didn't mean it like that," Rex seemed to realize the phrasing of his words. "We are having a party with the 212th."

"And what exactly do these parties look like?"

"Well, there is usually some good food, we play something like truth or dare or watch a movie, sometimes we even sing. Fives is actually quite good on the guitar."

"I think I might join you. Thanks for inviting me." Ahsoka was happy to have something to do.

"I'll look forward to seeing you there." Rex closed the door and Ahsoka sensed that he was gone.

Her mood improved. Now she had something to look forward to. 

After watching the holotape Anakin had sent her, she made her way to the temple kitchen. She decided to bake chocolate cookies because she wanted to bring something to the party. After months of eating ration bars, she was eager for a taste of real food and she was sure the clones felt the same way.