Chapter 14: Purple Rebirth

We were running fast, because we didn't know how much time Jinx had. This was one of the most stressed days I had ever experienced in my life. My body was filled with fear for my girlfriend health. I was worried that this would be my last time I'll ever see her again alive. I couldn't let that happen to her. We were now at Singed's lab. Silco didn't hesitate and he kicked the metal door. When he knock the door we saw Singed sitting on his chair doing something with his chemicals. He then looked at us with confused look, before Silco started talking.

Silco: She needs help! She's dying!

Y/N: Please

He looked at us for few moments before giving us a nod.

The room was swallowed by shadows. The only source of light was one green light in middle of the room. I placed Jinx on table. Singed then tied her legs, arms and head to it.

Singed: Her injuries are severe.

Silco: You think we can't see that?

Singed: Huh. I believe I can save her, but the process will be demanding.

Silco then let out a big grunt, before turning is back on Singed seeing him getting surgery stuff ready.

Y/N: What do you mean by demanding?

Singed: Sometimes death is a mercy.

Singed then grabbed a injection that he filled up with yellow liquid. Silco was still looking on unconscious Jinx, but he didn't notice Singed standing right behind him. Singed then placed the injection on Silco's neck and inject him with the yellow substance. Silco was getting unconscious. Singed then grabbed him and sat him on a metal chair. He then said last words to Silco before he fell unconscious.

Singed: I, too, once had a daughter.

After he said that, he turned around and looked at me. I was shocked what all went down in a few seconds and I didn't know what he wanted to do me.

Y/N: So, what are you planning against me?

Singed: *snickers* Nothing, I need you if anything goes wrong. You're the only one who can understand something about these kinds of injuries.

Y/N: Alright, I'll help, but only for her.

Singed: Brilliant. And before we begin, I must know... Are you prepared to lose her?

My heart stopped, but I needed to focus for her.

Y/N: No, I'm not. But she can take it. I said in normal tone, but at the same time nervous tone. Even though I said she can take it, but I was still praying that I was right. Then out of sudden I heard Jinx coughing. I immediately ran to her.

Y/N: Jinx!

She was coughing, while trying to say something.

Jinx: Y/....

Y/N: Jinx! I'm here!

She then stopped coughing and went back being unconscious.

Y/N: *sighs* She won't die, Doctor. She can't.

I then kissed her on her left cheek.

Singed: I understand. Now let's begin.

———————————

This was for me really hard to watch. Jinx's wounds were severe and the only way to save her life was to inject in her a lot of shimmer. I wished that this wasn't the only option, but I know that this was the only way to save a person, with these bad wounds. While Singed was doing the operation on her, I was in another room bandaging my right palm that had a cut in a middle. When I was finishing bandaging my palm, I garbed a first aid kit and threw it in anger across the room.