Chapter 11

Two years have passed after that and now you, Armin, and everyone else were officially college students, or have been for a while.

You all tried to go to the same university but that didn't quite work out. Luckily, you got into the same university as Armin. Even though you thought you were a bothersome to him he enjoyed your company since he had trouble being open with new people.

To be exact it was almost your fourth year anniversary with Armin.

Let's just say, this was the longest relationship you had.

Ever.

In like. Ever.

When you realized it was almost four years, plus the time that you have had a thing for him, you knew he was a keeper.

Finally. The week of our fourth year anniversary! You thought happily as you walked down the corridor to your next lecture. I wonder if he remembered..

You were thinking what you should get him for this special day when you bumped into somebody. Making your and their books fall.

"I am so so sorry!" You exclaimed as you got your stuff and helped the other person.

They chuckled, "it's okay don't beat yourself up for it. I can see that you were lost in thought."

You looked up to come face to face with a boy who was about a year older than you. He had dirty blonde hair and blue greyish eyes. "I'm Farlan. Farlan Church." He spoke as he held out his hand.

You snapped into reality and shook his hand. "I'm [f/n] [l/n]." You shyly smiled as you didn't know what to do.
You have never seen him before.

Ever.

Is he the new student they keep talking about?

"Well, thanks for helping me. I'll hopefully catch you later [f/n]!" He replied as he started to walk off to his lecture hall.

"Yeah you too." You mumbled as you watched him walk away.

To your amusement you bumped into someone else. Again.

Except this time you didn't fall.

You looked up to see Armin. Your eyes gleamed, "hey Armin!" You said happily. "Where have you been?" Your voice got softer.

"Hey- I uh. I can't talk right now." He replied as he tried to avoid eye contact.

"But Armin. I haven't seen you at all in like. Two weeks." You say as your heart starts to tear apart.

Armin sighed, "I know. But- I've been really busy lately." He replied as he pecked your forehead. "You understand right?" He knelt down to your level.

"Yeah.." You replied as you looked at the cover of your book. It was Armin's favorite and you were trying to get into the books he was into. You covered the title.

"I'll see you later [nickname]." He said as he walked off fading into the crowd.

"Yeah.. You too.." You said quieter then before.

You shuffled to your lecture that you were heading to in the first place, dead panned and not wanting to go. But you did pay a heck of a lot to get into this university.

Just when you went in you saw someone sitting in your designated seat that you liked.

"Um excuse me." You confronted as you tapped his shoulder.

He looked back at you and your eyes widened. It was him again.

"Oh [f/n]! How cool it is that we're in the same class huh?" He questioned as he looked up at your standing form.

"Yeah." You gave a fake smile. "I just wanted to tell you that, uh- can I sit here?" You decided to say that instead so you would sound more polite.

"Oh sure!" He replied as he scooted over to the next seat.

"So what made you take this lecture?" You asked as you took out a pencil and a notebook ready to tire your hand out from writing too much and too fast.

"I just really like learning about this stuff. It interests me," he replied as he got some supplies ready as well.

"You. Like history?" You asked as you couldn't believe at what he said.

"Yeah. I never really got to learn it when I was younger so I took it now; better to know than not know at all am I right?" He chuckles at the end and then the class started.

. . .

You had your next lecture class with Armin, he had even been avoiding you in that class.

What's wrong with Armin. He's not cheating on me is he? You reluctantly shook your head. No, he doesn't seem that kind of person.

You opened the doors to your lecture class and noticed Armin sat a few rows away from your preferred seat.

You sighed to calm yourself down but it only made it worse. You mentally told yourself to stay strong when a tap happened on your shoulder. "Same lecture class again eh?" Farlan asked as he got side to side to you. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked as he noticed you were lost and not as energized as you were before.

"N-nothing." You replied trying to find the words to say.

"Mind if I sit next to you again?" He asked as he followed you.

"Yeah. I don't see why not," you replied as your heart started to beat faster, because Armin would always sit next to you.

It was a few minutes before the class started so you decided to become closer with Farlan. He would be cracking up jokes and you would be laughing so much your stomach would hurt or your face would turn red.

Armin watching from afar wondered who he was. He never had this class before and yet here he is making you laugh.

Armin felt something in his stomach, it was something that hasn't happened in a while.

He felt this exact way when Eren would be with you those few years ago. He just never thought it would happen again, or at least with someone else.

He was jealous.