Chapter 12

Day 1

Once you got out of school you decided you shouldn't text Armin. I mean, he was avoiding you for some odd reason. And a week before your fourth year anniversary.

You were starting to fill with doubt, does he still feel the same way about me?

You covered your nose with your scarf considering it was winter time. You went to the library to "study" or should I say catch up on your favorite books.

You were starting to dread going to the library because Armin would always go there.

Once you opened the doors a blast of warm air collided with your body. You exhaled finally feeling warm after being outside in the cold air for what seemed like a long time.

You went to the computer and logged in so you could turn in some project that one of your professors assigned to the class. After you did that you logged out and saw a certain someone from the corner of your eye.

It was Armin.

He was just there, sitting on a sofa couch reading.

"I see you everywhere." Farlan said as he walked to you with two books in his arms.

You quickly turned around facing him instead of your lover. "Aha, you too." You said uncertainly.

"I saw you making googly eyes at him. Do you have a thing for him?" He asks as he somewhat crouches down to your level.

"N-no!" You said as you looked away from him as well, turning a light shade of pink.

"If you're going to lie, make it memorable." He teased as he smiled and stood up right.

"I-it's not like that." You said as you felt yourself starting to merge with your hoodie that you were wearing.

"I guess you won't tell me huh?" He questioned as he teasingly pouted. "How about I talk to him for you?" He basically told you as he started to walk over yo him.

"N-no F-Farlan come back!" You whisper shouted not wanting Armin to hear you.

You hid behind a bookshelf that was close to them, eavesdropping in their conversation.

"Armin right? Armin Arlert?" Farlan spoke first getting the blonde boys attention.

Armin looked up and noticed that it was the guy from earlier who was making you laugh in the second lecture you three had together. "That's me," he simply replied not showing any jealous emotion.

"Aha, you see I was wondering if you could help me on our homework that the professor gave us today, I couldn't grasp onto the subject well." Farlan said as he looked at the papers then to him.

"Now?" Armin asked as he was slowly closing his book.

"No, not now. I have another lecture to get to. Later hopefully?" He said hoping Armin would take his offer.

"I can't. Sorry I'm busy tonight." Armin gave his answer as he pondered when he was available next.

"Ah, well, that's a shame. See you in class Arlert!" He exclaimed as he waved bye and left to the other side of the library.

You reluctantly followed him wondering what he had to say even though you heard everything. Once you were there Farlan turned around to face directly at you, "are you having plans with Armin tonight?"

. . .

You stared blankly at the ceiling above you, wondering why Armin would ever avoid you.

He just doesn't seem like that guy. You thought as you covered your eyes with your left arm and sighing heavily.

You got up, holding in the tears that were threatening to fall with one more thought of him, and headed for the freezer where you kept a gallon of ice cream.

You looked at it and it was that gallon that shared two flavors. One was (your favorite icecream) and the other one was (Second favorite), Armin's favorite.

You closed the freezer door and slid down to the floor. The tears were already spilling, never did you think you would feel heartbreak with Armin.

Just then you heard a knock on your door that made you get up and wipe your tears away. You went to the door to see Farlan there.

"Hey I was coming by seeing if-" he looked up from his phone and saw your puffy, red, tear stained face. "That answers my question. What happened to you?!" He asked as he stepped inside your room and closed the door behind him.

"N-nothing happened. I don't know what your talking about," you lied as you looked down at the floor.

He took both of your hands and looked directly into your eyes. "Tell me. What happened?"

While you were telling him you tried so hard to keep your tears from falling.

But it just failed, attempting to hold them in only made them fall faster.

"That.." Farlan started as he made a fist. "He shouldn't be ignoring you!" He said as he tried to calm himself down.

"F-Farlan please.." You sniffed as you wiped your eyes. "It's okay."

"No, it's not okay [f/n]! He- He doesn't know what he's missing out on!" He rubbed his temples. "No one should be treated that way and not even you."

"I'm sure he's just busy studying for semester exams." You waved your hands in front of you and you tried to clear this all out. "Why do you care so much though?"

He sighed as he looked at you, "because I did the same thing to my ex-girlfriend once." He began as he looked at you.

"D-Do you mind telling me what happened?" You asked. "If you don't want to that's fine!"

"No, no, it's okay." He reassured you as he weakly smiled. "Well. It was in highschool. Our first year."

~

"Farlan!" She sang as she ran up to him.

"Hey, how are you today?" He smiled as he ruffled her hair.

"I'm good today. Farlan, can we go to the park today? They're setting off fireworks!" She said excitedly as she looked up to him.

"I'm sorry. I can't today." He said looking away, slightly pouting. "I have some.. things I need to do." He said as he started to walk off after a soft goodbye.

She just stood there, watching him leave.

"And, it kept happening day after day. She had suspicions that I was cheating on her. But who could I blame? I didn't hang out with her as much. What I was planning was our second year together. I wanted to make this day special, for the both of us. I missed seeing her face for her called ID when she would call me late at night because she had a nightmare or maybe she just wanted to talk." He said as he had his face in his hands.

"Farlan."

.

.

.

"Don't let him make the same mistake I did [f/n]."