𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 12

As you tread through the dense forest, guided by Wally's peculiar message delivered by a bird, you can't help but marvel at the strangeness of this realm. Eyes peer out from the foliage, watching your every move, but you've grown accustomed to the eerie ambiance. It's the season of the underground beasts, their rumbling hunger echoing through the trees as they prepare for winter's chill.

'I'm so glad Earth doesn't have this kind of horrifying creatures' you thought.

Eventually, you reach Wally's designated spot, bathed in ethereal light cast by a crystal-clear pond. Wally, seated on the pond's edge, is engaged in conversation with a bird, an odd sight even in this peculiar place. You couldn't get what he was saying to the bird as if it was something so serious and important. Sure, it's not like you haven't talked to animals before but this is just another level, Wally is talking as if that damn bird is his business partner.

'again, why should I be surprised?'

Ignoring the bizarre encounter, you greet Wally, surprising him with your silent approach. His charming smile greets you, unperturbed by your sudden appearance.

"Oh you here, didn't see you there, my dear. I thought you'd be coming a bit late as usual" Wally said as he stood up from the ground.

"Pft, yeah. I felt bad for doing that so I came early so I didn't make myself a burden or something" you said trying to make a joke out of it.

"Don't say that, I'm fine if you're a little late. I don't mind at all" Said the blue pompadour hair man.

As the bird takes flight with an envelope clutched in its talons, you can't resist asking about its destination. It's giving you the Harry Potter vibes thing.

"So, where is that bird sending those letters?"

Wally smiled a little and shook his head, glancing at the bird that was now flying far from them "To a friend" Wally's nonchalant response only adds to the mystery. Turning your attention to the pond, you're captivated by its otherworldly beauty-shades of blue and purple swirl amidst living lily pads, while small creatures frolic in the water, a stark contrast to the mundane ponds of Earth.

Wally's chuckle interrupts your mesmerized gaze at the playful creature, resembling a rabbit, creating colorful bubbles in the water. His explanation of the creature's origins only adds to the enchantment of the moment.

"It's the most harmless water creature, they only eat grass to live but they only lived a few years before they died"

"Oh," you don't like the sound of it, poor thing.

Clearing your throat, you gently nudge Wally back to the purpose of your meeting. "So...why do you have this meeting?" You asked, his expression shifts as realization dawns upon him, and he meets your gaze with a sheepish grin. You wait patiently for his response, curious to uncover the reason behind this mysterious rendezvous amidst the wild season of underground beasts.

"Ah. I wanted to show the season creature! I'm sure you need a little learning with this world 'animals' for survival" he explained, gently holding your hand, and brought you to the other side of the forest, which you never crossed before.

You raised your eyebrows at his words and glanced at him. "Why would I need it for survival? Am I going to um..." You trail off nervously with an awkward laugh "Die?"

Hearing this made Wally snort and roll his eyes playfully "Don't be silly! I only say that if you need the information for the future, might be useful" he said. However, something is off with the tone his using.

With Wally's reassuring hand in yours, you venture out of the forest, feeling a pang of unease at the distance from Rose Town, your sanctuary. Sensing your apprehension, Wally offers a comforting squeeze, though he remains unaware of the source of your anxiety.